Is there a right Birmingham?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• RCinBelper
    Participant

Before the electronic age, in the days when I was selling tickets at Nottingham station, as a good Booking Clerk I would always try to make sure the customer ended up where they wanted to go. Hayle or Hale? Newport or Newport? The list would be a long one if I put my mind to it. Every now and again, the traveller wouldn’t be sure themselves which required some quick detective work. RC

kevin46
    Participant

Well done Virgin Holidays.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

A US originating traveller was ticketed to SID (Cape Verde Isalnds) when he wanted to get to SYD (Sydney)!!

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

as this is now an admission of guilt stream (and despite my earlier comment) I will put my hands up

once booked a hotel a month (for our first night of a long trip) later than intended, fortunately the later date corresponded to the last night of the trip so we could still utilise the room (so my stupidity resulted in a nicer end to the trip than expected, other arrangements were made for night one)

The Grand Hotel in Brighton was great

Jimmy111
    Participant

this is kind of related… a drunken ex-colleague with a strong London accent falls into a minicab in the west end asking to go to Canning Town (‘Canning Taaaarn’). 20 mins later he comes to in ….Kennington.

penfold69
    Participant

An employee asked our travel desk to get her to Johnstown in the US. My colleague on the desk Googled it and booked her to JST (PA) return for a meeting. On arrival, and after jumping into a taxi, we got a phone call from our traveller asking for some help. She actually wanted to go to Johnstown NY, which would mean most likely flying into Albany, about 380miles away. It’s now a reoccurring joke in the team. Thankfully, the traveller also seen the funny side and took some of the responsibility for not being clear and checking her itinerary, including the hotel we booked in the wrong place.

Flyerboy1
    Participant

Today’s stupidity.com

Flyerboy1
    Participant

Today’s stupidity.com lol

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls