Is Skytrax selective in its reviews?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

• Stratospheric
    Participant

The fact that can’t be overlooked is that Skytrax not only refuses to publish the negative scores and reviews of 5 star airlines, but also the positive ones about their main competitors. Recently i’ve sent them an extremey favourable review regarding Pegasus Airlines (TK’s main domestic and regional competitor), operating out of SAW airport.
    I gave them lots of praise with few sound criticism regarding the airport they operate from as well as about their website.
    One day later Skytrax contacted me saying that “the veracity of my travel can’t be trusted”, asking for my ticket/flight number(?!). I’ve provided them with one within hours, however the comment never appeared on Pegasus reviews page. Dismaying.

Stratospheric
    Participant

For all matters concerned, Turkey is a Middle-Eastern/Asian country.
    But, if Turkey can claim to be “European” cause of 5% of territory being in Europe, so England has full right to claim being a South American countries cause of the Falklands/Malvinas, by following that “logic”! The fact Turkey has gotten membership into so many European organizations was due to US sponsorship during the cold war and reflects in nothing Turkey’s civilizational and/or geographical affiliation, which are indisputable. It’s just that some people, for some reasons and interests, want to “put” the entire Turkey and into Europe, where it clearly doesn’t belong.

I have nothing against Turkey though, but they’re Middle East and their origin is Central Asian (they come from Western China), so Iran has actually more to do with Europe than Turkey has.

Given all those facts, i fail to see how TK can be the “best airline” of a continent where it doesn’t even belong to! As concerning their ad “Kobe/Messi”, seriously i can’t care less about those guys (didn’t even knew who Messi was until recently), i would by far tend more to fly an airline that promises classical music of a certain composer on board or some staff of that kind, really can’t care less about two sportsmen.

PS: Maybe Iberia should claim they’re “Africa’s best airline” cause Spain’s highest peak is located in the Canary islands? Sure, they would stand a chance.

capetonianm
    Participant

Skytrax are a strange bunch. I have submitted a number of reports over the years, always using the same email address and name. Sometimes they get published, more often not. I don’t submit when there already a lot of similar opinions and mine is the same – I see no point in followoing the herd. We all know that CDG is a festering dump, that Luton has the rudest ‘security’ staff of any UK airport, that Iberia is appalling, and that ZRH and AMS are the best airports in Europe for transit. Ad infinitum.

I submitted a report recently and had an email saying they wouldn’t publish it because of an IP address conflict with my stated country.

I had posted it saying that my country was South Africa (correct) but I was actually in either the UK or Switzerland or France (couldn’t remember which as I couldn’t remember the posting date) when I posted it as I have accommodation in those countries and spend time in all of them. Is it really so unusual for someone posting on an airline related forum that they should have nationality ‘A’, live in country ‘B’, and be in country ‘C’ when they make the submission and in country ‘D the next day?

After my reply, they published my submission, but completely mangled, with words and punctuation missing. I wonder why I bother.

KHughes72
    Participant

I feel that Skytrax is being selective as it relates to reviews for Qatar Airlines. I too sent in a review that was (in my humble opinion brief and well written) but they rejected it. QA is not a 5 or 4 star airlines in economy. I wonder why Skytrax doesn’t allow that information to be posted.

PhileasFogg
    Participant

I also submitted a review on Qatar Airways in syntrax that was censored. Overall the review was positive buy I wrote one sentence saying that I believe that if an airline doesn´t offer full flat bed on all long haul fleet it should not be rated 5 star in business class by any organization.
    All the review was published except this sentence!

BA744fan
    Participant

It’s a waste of time sending a review to Skytrax. I have written many over the years – some positive, some negative. Some have been published, others haven’t. Some were published with sections of my review removed!

SimonAlbury
    Participant

Thank you for posting this and initiating the discussion. I had always assumed Skytrax could be trusted to be unbiassed. That is clearly not the case.
    As others have suggested, TripAdvisor provides readers with enough information to make an informed judgement about the quality on the reviews.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Regarding TA, Simon, their airline feedback system is not yet up to it since only your rating will be kept, not the comments written… So the result for QR for instance only shows 3 points out of 5, but without any comment… http://www.tripadvisor.com/Airlines-QR-Qatar-Airways. But, yes, I definitively trust more this 3/5 than the non sense 5 stars on Skytrax.

hungrydai
    Participant

There’s no point at all in writing reviews for Skytrax. They are ridiculously selective. Most of my reviews did not get published I suspect because of my varying locations. I travel between Bournemouth, the Gulf, Kathmandu, Bangkok etc. I hope the new Trip Advisor airline feedback will be far better and non prejudiced.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

If you write your review on

http://www.seatplans.com/add-user-review

the review (once approved) will appear here on this forum

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion

where your fellow posters will, quite possibly, comment on your review and experiences.

Tom Otley

hungrydai
    Participant

Thanks for this advice, Tom. I will do that in the future. I have two flights this evening with Qatar Airways. Kathmandu to Doha and Doha to Heathrow.

Tony Slark

Swissdiver
    Participant

Tom,

Yes, you have here a great product. What you miss I think is a brand. Seatplan sounds like seat plans, but not like trip reviews. Something like tripreview.com or equivalent might be worth considering…

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls