Is Skytrax selective in its reviews?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

Skytrax is VERY selective in its reviews.

Over the past few years I have submitted many reviews (primarily about Aer Lingus).

Any negative reviews about the airline, its lounges, etc were published, however, positive reviews were not published.

If that’s not selective, I don’t know what is !!!

pointyendpreferred
    Participant

I am a gold Star Alliance FF, silver oneworld, gold Virgin Australia and blue Skyteam. I was also formerly a cabin manager with Qantas. I like to think I know what I am talking about when I make a comment about an airline, a hotel or customer service generally.

I no longer bother submitting reviews to Skytrax because most didn’t appear.

Why waste my time?

ivornomates
    Participant

Skytrax is a joke and so biased towards the people who pay them for one sided reviews to be made, even Stevie Wonder can see how bent they are

samuel95
    Participant

Absolutely. They’ve hardly ever posted any of my compliments towards the so-called ‘third-tier’ airlines, e.g. Air China (before they became 4-star), and it appears that they also target Cathay Pacific for some reason – most of the reviews being complaints about the Economy shell seats. I sent compliments about the seats, commenting on its excellent design in my opinion that ‘protect’ each passenger’s space (particularly useful when reading a book/using a laptop & eliminates arguments related to reclining), but it got rejected. I expected this and re-sent it through the form, and again, nothing after weeks. I sent them an email, no response either.

rferguson
    Participant

How can a review site be credible that publishes it’s most recent BA passenger review of a flight from heathrow to Islamabad? BA haven’t flown to Pakistan for years now.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s certainly not credible, but google is a wonderful thing and this thread will help inform consumers as to Skytrax’s credibility, integrity and honesty.

CXDiamond
    Participant

I see a further unfavourable review has been posted on Skytrax about Singapore Airlines. Maybe they have been reading this as suggested previously.

One of the problems is that you do not need to put in a date for the flight so while I agree the submission about BA to Islamabad is ridiculous there is no way of that being flagged up. I suppose I could add one of a BA service to Perth taken about twenty years ago and it would look perfectly valid.

I have posted positively on CX in the past, the airline I fly with most and not a single review has been published. I’ve never challenged why buy maybe CX do not pay enough in to the Skytrax pot. Strange all the negative reviews and they retain five stars which IMO they do deserve. If you haven’t been luck enough to try their latest C product, it is I think the best that’s out there at the moment and a real step forward. The latest F is also superb but C is a real change of gear.

HOLIDAY2016
    Participant

More than likely Sure money talks

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

CXDiamond: I think most of the frequent travellers DO NOT need to refer to Skytrax for airline selection as many are in the know already!

I agree with you that the new Cathay’s C product is the best in the industry especially combining with their very attentive but unobstrusive cabin crew. (never loud crew chatting noises in the galley!) Food and drinks are always of good quality.

Will travel again in this superior seating today to Sydney.

Travel well to all!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Cathay’s Mogodon Stepford crew never talk in the galley, that’s for sure!

Everyone starts out as an infrequent flyer; that’s exactly why Skytrax and http://www.seatplans.com websites exist.

These sites are also useful for the premium leisure traveller who may not travel much, but are researching a reasonable investment in a Business or First cabin.

They are handy if products change, to gauge whether they are a success or not; that’s certainly how I learned about Cathay’s disastrous herringbone Business configuration, as well as its terrific new F and J cabins.

Finally, I do use these sites when researching airlines on which I am not a regular (and that’s the majority of airlines, as there are lots out there!).

So the accuracy of these sites is important even to the most regular travellers.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Perhaps I am too British to demand their women to be seen but not HEARD!

Don’t be fool by their surface submissiveness!!!! They could be Bond girls in disguise with their kung-fu/karate chops and kicks!!!!

drflight
    Participant

I post reviews on Skytrax from time to time. It used to be they printed what you wrote. Now they seem to edit them heavily which seems to me to be a form of censorship. They should just allow X number of words in any review and print exactly what the poster has written with no editing. Otherwise Skytrax leaves itself open to to the precise selectiveness allegation that started this post.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Recently posted a critical review of Kingfisher Airlines (a five star airline) on Skytrax, and they have not published it.

It does make you wonder about the integrity of their process, as they are obviously trying to protect the reputation of some airlines.

ChrisEmmins
    Participant

It’s something my company has been investigating – now also a matter for the ASA –

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/asa-to-investigate-skytrax-over-airline-reviews/4684293.article

DNAdams
    Participant

Some months ago I sent an email to Skytrax asking the reason why my QR review had not been published. I asked them was the reason because my review was critical of QR. Their reply was unnecessarily rude and suspiciously hostile enough for me not to believe them whatsoever.

Haven’t looked at their site since and wouldn’t give them the time of day.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls