Is it necessary to pay for water in hotels?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

Another good place to get free bottled water is actualy in a 5 star hotel gym. It will often be chilled along with other free amenities such as sports drinks and even fruit 😉

StewartKidd1
    Participant

…and meeting rooms….

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Also in some hotel receptions by the front door. These are usually reserved for people who want to go out for a run in the morning. Otherwise next time you are flying ask the cabin crew for a couple of small bottles to take with you 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve seen you can buy small kits, or even purifying tablets if you’re unsure about the water. Just ask the hotel for a pitcher. I think I mentioned before, if you can wash your teeth in it, it’s probably safe to drink.

Soda water is often much cheaper than bottled water and on ice, or with a slice of lemon, is very refreshing.

Another thing is to check the hotels water purifying system and see if it’s filtered. It should pass through an activated carbon filter (basically charcoal) and if it does then it’s fine.

Finally, if it’s too much hassle, just pay the extortionate price and swallow (pardon the pun) the bill!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Yep at 1 am the hassle factor did form part of the decision process. After an exhausting evening and waiting for a lost phone to be delivered to the hotel…………….just wanted to get back to Duplex Suite HQ!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls