Is Chicken Jalfrezi a liquid?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 21 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  IanFromHKG 6 Jan 2017
at 04:38

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Is Alum Crystal a liquid?

Yes, according to a dimwit at MAN security.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I must have seen the same dimwit at VRN security

PeterCoultas
    Participant

And we are maybe going to get the Idiot Home Secretary who put all these “persuade people they are safe when they are not” rules in place as PM. Mentioned my problems with tins of caviar previously but the whole thing is mad….I now don’t bother but leave my 1 litre sac of goodies in my case and the last 12 times it has gone through without comment….and counting !

Wonder if some idiot in the “Security Service” will pick up on this post so I’ll have to argue that gels are not liquids….

esselle
    Participant

The liquids, aerosols, gels (and that included pastes by the way) regulations are not a UK fabrication.

My bigger question is why would you try to get several portions of a ready meal onto a plane?

NTarrant
    Participant

Esselle – that’s not just several portions of ready meals, that’s several portions of M&S ready meals!

Some years ago coming through Jesey my bag is searched, she comes across my 50ml Johnsons Baby Powder talc. She says, “next time put in liquids”(Eastern European), I say “but it’s not a liquid” she replies “I advise”.

Next week at Gatwick I put the talc in with the liquids, then I get “excuse me sir, that’s not a liquid” I said that the lady in Jersey advised me to, to which he replied “why do this people make our jobs hard”!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Nigel

Talc is a iquid at 1500c 😉

Then again, so are most things.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

FDOS, you beat me to it. I was going to comment that metals are all liquids if you get them hot enough.

The idea that something is allowed through when frozen even though it may well become a liquid (or something lisquid/gel-like such as butter) during the journey as it thaws is another example, if one were needed, of how ludicrous the whole set-up is.

Quite apart from anything else, it is entirely possible to make explosives or even guns using materials bought in airside shops. If you don’t believe me – google “Terminal Cornucopia”.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls