Is Cathay going to to announce HKG – EDI route

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=998251][/postquote]

Wow, thanks for the info,,, what are the bad points???

cwoodward
    Participant

Morning Taiwan Traveller

I’m just about getting the drift that your not overly fond of EDI!

As for Dublin the route wax temporarily suspended not cancelled. The suspencion was due to the problems that we had in HK at the back end of last year. Until then the loadings were good.

GivingupBA
    Participant

JohnnyG wrote, “Wow, thanks for the info,,, what are the bad points???” — made me laugh, thanks JohnnyG.

My note to TaiwanTraveller – that much venom should be posted on the “Whisky” thread next time, thank you very much. (Joke. PS I do love whisky)

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

When I travelled to and from EDI I used the train (from the south, or from GLA) and it’s ideal. The one and only time I used the airport I was not impressed with the overcrowded and scruffy public areas. I did find the staff noticeably more pleasant, including security, than many other UK airports.

Unfortunately as pointed out by another poster the city has become the victim of its own success, it is massively over-touristed, crowded, and increasingly tacky. The price of accommodation is very often disproportionate to the quality. A friend who is by no means a backpacker but was on a budget for a three Europe/UK trip paid £120 for a hotel room in an old converted terrace house that had primitive plumbing, which smelt, damp peeling walls, and only one plug socket in the room. Breakfast was £15 extra and apparently they tried to charge that for a coffee and a croissant. I mention this because it typifies the rip-off that EDI has become. Yet another place ruined by too much tourism, much of which is cheap bottom end.

We enjoyed going to the Fringe Festival a couple of years ago but I wouldn’t do that again, specially as I have a horror of crowds.

canucklad
    Participant

To Taiwan Traveller
    I award you 10/10 & an Oscar for Best Rant of 2020 . Totally Brilliant, and as I live just along the road from the bypass (A720) & the M8 (Glasgow -Edinburgh motorway) 10 minutes away from EDI I concur 😊
    Anyway I’ve forwarded your feedback to MSP Michael Matheson , our Transport Minister.
    Look forward to reading your accounts of travels to Beirut, Lagos Mogadishu , whilst obviously transiting through CDG with a MCT !

Oh, and thanks for reminding me that I got my CX hopes up for nothing , that was the worst aspect of your post

1 user thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

canucklad wrote, “To Taiwan Traveller – I award you 10/10 & an Oscar for Best Rant of 2020………”

OK, very true, and Taiwan Traveller’s posts might have been amusing or funny for a short time, but in my opinion they are are not funny or amusing any more – they are (at least) deliberately insulting and very biased. I don’t know what his/her real aims (or motivation for writing) are, but I suggest that that is enough. In my humble opinion.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls