IRIS Replacement? “Registered Traveller Scheme”

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Some travellers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can join the Registered Traveller Scheme. The scheme lets you use the UK/EEA channels at border control and you won’t need a landing card if you fly into Gatwick or Heathrow. Apply online to join the scheme.

This was launched today; you an apply online here:

https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller-scheme

I’m not very pleased that this will further clog up the UK channel.

JordanD
    Participant

SM – I’m more disappointed that IRIS has been binned, and that the replacement RTS is not currently open for UK/EEA Passport holders.

As I don’t have a Biometric Passport, short of replacing my passport over 2 years early, I now have no other option that to queue …

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

It is obviously not an IRIS replacement.

Forestville123
    Participant

I don’t know why they’ve discontinued it. It worked well for me!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

This is yet another waste of space.

IRIS worked.

My biometric passports fail in UK border gates >95% of the time. They work in other EU countries >95% of the time. UK border control should try buying (or not decommissioning) hardware that works. Every time I am shuffled round the failed electronic passport gates to the person handling the overflow, they acknowledge that the equipment is just uselessly poor quality.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls