Iraq visa

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

Does anyone have recent experience with obtaining a visa for Iraq from the embassy in London? How long does it take? Are there any stamps in the passport that make it more difficult?

Luc Jones
    Participant

I travelled to Erbil a couple of years ago; no visas are required to enter Iraqi Kurdustan; you’re just stamped in & out and I haven’t had any issues with those stamps in my passport. Perfectly safe there by the way.

Am aware that the rest of Iraq is a different matter but can’t help there I’m afraid,

LuganoPirate
    Participant

From the UK Government website: Seems you do now need a visa?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iraq/entry-requirements

capetonianm
    Participant

I hope for your sake that the Iraqi consulate make it an easier process than when I had to apply a few years ago for a visa for Iran. Even though there was a business contact in Iran it was difficult and I had to wait at the Consulate for an entire day, then they asked me to come back the next day with no guarantee that it would be processed that day either.

Eventually I involved the contact in Tehran and was assured I could go in the next morning before 1000 and was guaranteed the visa by 1200. I got it at 1600.

Everyone was pleasant and polite but the process was dreadful.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

LP – whatever it says on the FCO website, Iraqi Kurdistan may still be easier. I am off to mainstream Iraq, Baghdad.

When I needed an Iranian visa, it was before the embassy in London reopened, so it meant a day trip to Paris. The process in the visa section in the morning was not fast but not too bad. Then they asked which day I could return to collect the visa. I explained that I was there just for the day, then there was some nodding and helpful smiles and I was asked to come back in the early afternoon – when the embassy was closed. It really was closed, and I wondered what the hell to do – when a window opened and a hand appeared with my passport.

maxgeorge
    Participant

UK/EU citizens can get a visa for Iran on arrival by air.

Pre-authorize @ e_visa.mfa.ir

Payment € cash.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls