Iran Air Fokker 100 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

This was a Thursday night flight to Isfahan so it was full (Friday being a day off in Iran). The flight was departing from Mehrabad Airport which is downtown Tehran (so it quicker to get there). That said, cars can’t drop you right in front of the terminal but about 50 meters away…

Check-in: Since online check-in wasn’t available, the company sent someone to check us in and get good seats (no business class available on Iran Air Fokkers). And we had only hand luggages. So difficult to report here.

Boarding: Flight was late (often the case) so we had to wait. That said, the terminal was large enough, AC was working properly and a couple of bars were available. So no drama for the 20 minutes or so of delay. Then suddenly our flights was called (while the board was indicating “wait for further news”!). Boarding was quick and relatively efficient.

The seat: We got exit seats so it was fine. That said, legroom on regular seats looked bigger than in Europe. The aircraft looked OK and well maintained, although old. So no worries.

The flight: it was a short one (about 1 hour). That said we were served drinks and cold food. It was furthermore good! Far far better than what we see nowadays in Europe!

Arrival was smooth, Isfahan airport being rather small. We had furthermore no luggage and it was a domestic flight.

Bottom line: I was a bit worried with the idea of flying domestic in Iran and was positively surprised, not only regarding the safety, but also the excellent service on board!

superchris
    Participant

Great report. Did you get any time to explore Isfahan? Went about 8 years ago, beautiful city. I did an IR A310 from Dubai, very scary.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, superchris! Yes, shortly (i.e. 24 hours). I wrote several reviews on TripAdvisor btw…

eddyedward
    Participant

Nice post

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Really nice and fair review, SD.

Simon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls