iPads for workCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Technology iPads for work

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AdrianHenryAsia 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Guys do any of you use ipads instead of laptops on your trips My boss decided to treat himself. He thinks they are more practical, i dont because of the lack of business app and i had to setup his email for him but i noticed that they dont contain any virus protection software or other security stuff. Any suggestions? xx

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Becky

I use a Lenovo X220 12.5″ laptop on trips where I need the extra power and a Panasonic NB505 10″netbook on trips, where I wish to travel light. Both double as movie players, skype phones etc.

I don’t consider the iPad a serious business tool in my domain, because of lack of Flash, software compatibility (all my clients are corporates who use Windows.)

At home, I use an iPad extensively, for leisure and love it.

SimonS1
    Participant

Yes I carry one with me. We checked extensively and were advised by our own IT support people as well as a couple of others we checked with that anti virus is not needed. We have never had a problem either.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I never use a laptop on my travels anymore and just take my iPad which is the top of the range 3G version, so I can check emails etc on the move.

True lack of flash is a but of a nuisance but I can live without it and there are workarounds.

Further, if you “jailbreak” our iPad there are some truly amazing things you can do with it.

To summarise, I could not live without it, with a possible caveat, and that’s the new Samsung. Check it out!

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

[email protected]
    Participant

I have an ipad for travelling but only take it for short trips so I don’t take much space on my hand luggage. I don’t really like it, to be honest, as the email capacity is very limited and I end up relying on my BBY… If you use Jump you can access your desktop so that’s quite convenient but I still prefer the Windows software to deal with docs and excel (I’m a lawyer, not very techie so this might also be the problem!). In any event, if it were not for the weight issue, I’d still be carrying my good old laptop.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I travel with both my iPad 2 and my Macbook air (personal), plus sometimes my Toshiba Portege (work). You shouldn’t need any antivirus for iPad’s or Mac’s in general for that matter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.