iPad bug on the forum?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

When I want to reply on a long thread with an iPad, I can’t. Actually I can only hardly read the latest posts as they disappear a few seconds after having appeared… Am I the only one?

surreytraveller
    Participant

Hi Swissdiver, first of all I am new to this forum but have been an avid reader of all the blogs for some time now. You are not the only one as I experienced this a few days ago when just reading a long thread on my iPad….the thread just disappeared half way through, never to return! Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.

Hi Swissdiver / surreytraveller – thanks for your posts. We’ll take a look at this and get back to you shortly.

Binman62
    Participant

Hi

It is also not possible to edit a thread which goes beyond the text box as you cannot scroll.

Any cb ave of an app?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

9 out of 10 of my posts are done on my iPad. My main problem is multiple postings of the same post and my user name not being saved. This is very annoying when writing a long post and stoping for phone calls etc. You go to save and you go through to the message, “you need to login in first”! The message is then lost and you either give up or start again.

My way round this is to copy the text first – provided I remember!

Binman, if you hold down with your finger, the magnifying glass pops up and you can scroll up or down.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

BT – As BA are trialling iPAD2 (with pre-, in- and post- flight information) for use by the flight deck seniors and cabin seniors am sure the BA IT team would welcome any headsup to potential issues eg impact of interruptions when writing and processing a flight report.

continentalclub
    Participant

I have only ever encountered one problem and on one thread (the forum posters’ meet up one, that is very long and does indeed only show the first ‘x’ number of posts).

Many iPad users, it seems, are unaware that pages or boxes like the one I am posting in now, which do not have a scroll-bar at the side, can have their contents moved up or down by using the ‘twin digit scroll’ method.

For anyone falling into that category, the mechanic is to place two fingers in the area to be scrolled, usually the index and middle, and to move the two fingers together – upwards to scroll down and downwards to scroll up.

This is as opposed to using one finger to ‘flick’ scrollable pages or browser-menus up and down.

Binman62
    Participant

Continental club ……..thank you. Works brilliantly and will no doubt on other sites.

continentalclub
    Participant

I can’t tell you how many times I re-wrote that post, as even I didn’t understand what I was talking about each time that I read it back to myself!

Pleased that you managed to translate it, Binman62!

Swissdiver
    Participant

@continentalclub: this is only one part of the problem. There is however still a bug to be eliminated…

Hi Swissdiver – our developers are looking into this, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re able to fix this. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls