Involuntary reroute

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

On arrival at Philadelphia from Miami on Monday, I switched on my phone to find a message from the BAEC informing me that the BA66 to LHR would be delayed for 1 hour and apologizing for any inconvenience. No problem if I was ending my journey in London but I had a connection to Luxembourg at 08:20 and with a new ETA of 07:40 and a transfer from T5 to T3….has anyone managed this transfer in 40 minutes?

I went straight to the BA desk where a very helpful man came up with 3 alternatives:

– keep my original flight and spend 10 hours at LHR waiting for the 2nd daily flight to LUX
    – keep my original flight and then transfer to LCY for an early afternoon Luxair flight
    – fly via FRA within 2 hours with Lufthansa and Luxair respectively

Obviously I had to make up my mind sharpish and went for the latter.

Although he tried, he couldn’t find any oneworld options via NYC or BOS etc. What I find surprising is that he was more than willing to book me on a *A carrier.

….and that is how I found myself flying LH J for the first time on an A346. I arrived at LUX about 30 minutes before my original flight from LHR.

Well done that man! Thank you

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Philadelphia becoming quite a “hub” with decent prices when travelling the Atlantic. This year I have made 5 trips to the States and almost all have transited me through Philadelphia…

icenspice
    Participant

Yes Martyn. It’s a very manageable airport unlike superhubs. Although my outbound was LHR to MIA direct, the cheapest return in Business was via PHL. I will definitely use again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls