International Connections at Miami

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mikewebley
    Participant

I arriving into MIA from the Caribbean, but going straight onto London.
    Do I have to enter the USA, and go through immigration, customs etc, or can I stay airside ?
    Just wondering how long I require between the flights

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Immigration is needed for ALL arriving passengers, irrespective of final destination.

Dwight York recently was refused entry on a similar route as yours….

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4234540/Manchester-United-legend-Dwight-Yorke-denied-entry.html

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

immigration at MIA is a lottery depending upon the time of day and the prior arriving flights to yours.

with Global Entry I rarely wait more than 5 minutes, but before having this facility wait times in lines could be the best part of two hours, before reclaiming bags if separate tickets, and checking in again. So my advice is allow 3 hours, ensure you are through booked on one ticket and be patient!

YellowBelly
    Participant

I transferred through Miami three times in 2016 using an ESTA and had no issues and no long queues. Using BA and AA linked flights on the same booking you can check your bag to the final destination and not have to collect and recheck in Miami which works well in my experience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls