Inside the world of Indonesian aviation

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

How ironic. Another bent Malaysian air steward in the same morning reading.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/malaysian-airlines-cabin-crew-member-15458538.amp

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Lion Air is purely regional. But previously it had been placed on the EU blacklist.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

What happened to that other local carrier “Bourac”?

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=906114]What happened to that other local carrier “Bourac”?[/quote]

Bouraq. Went bust in 2005.

1 user thanked author for this post.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

My ? about Bouraq was because it was (so far) my scariest experience. I had enjoyed as a student earlier good deals with Garuda and less happy but short lived experiences with Air France (LHR landing) & Austrian (Katmandu – cow on runway) when landing turned into full power take off.
    Bouraq was my best – or worst! Sitting opposite a very scared stewardess on a flight from Palu to Manado in a cabin filled with condensation, we circled again and again through thick cloud past a landmark building (for the pilot) to eventually luckily put down safely… The stewardess told me that he had had no choice but to land then as we were almost out of fuel and a visual landing in Manado was all there was…. Isn’t that What “air travel” is all about? Interesting to know about near misses of others that luckily ended well…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls