Inflight catering RAF Royal/Government flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone knows what is provided and by whom on these flights? I have seen some amazing Menus when BA/BOAC/BEA has been chartered for Royal Flights in the past (BA Museum). But I can find nothing online about/pics, etc of any such meals on RAF flights.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Report of flight to Falklands with meals shown, not a lot for £2k, same food for civilians as RAF personnel/

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1408844-uk-falkland-islands-royal-air-force.html?fbclid=IwAR15DPZNFwcCUiyjY4UBVCeqYAHdD4WDZ58ypHtQ8Enr3krMI2Y3JtEsvP4

6 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

In some contrast:

When royals fly BA long-haul the BA’s fine dining menu reads: “We’ve worked with top chefs, suppliers, and nutritionists to create ‘Height Cuisine’. The result is the finest food and drink that will give you the fullest flavours at altitude,” all paired perfectly with a selection of wines.

Prince William and Duchess Kate are known to feast on (instagram photos from crew)yy show everything from elegant canapes to fresh scones with clotted cream and jam, seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus steak and even baked cod with lobster and saikyo miso.
    Hello magazine *who ever they are !) mentioned a budget of Pounds 10,000 for each flight – it sounds a lot

norbert2008
    Participant

Hi cowoodward couldn’t find Insta account? crew)yy

cwoodward
    Participant

Sorry norbert2008 but I have lost the link……..will post if/when I can find.

Filbyemt
    Participant

It maybe an airline catering company called Royal blue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls