Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

AlessandroBordoli
    Participant

I have never had a more miserable experience than with Indigo Airlines, and I am telling you even if it’s the cheapest flight find another airline. They are an absolute disaster from top to bottom, and have no concern whatsoever about their customers. Really the only thing they care about is money.

I could tell from the first time I talked to them that customer service wasn’t their priority but I had no idea what was to come. I arrived in Delhi about 2 hours before my flight was scheduled to take off from Delhi to Srinagar. I wasn’t familiar with the Delhi Airport (which is huge by the way) and had to wait to deliver a bag of English books I had brought for a poor school in Kashmir to a man affiliated with the school. Despite this, I was still able to switch terminals on time to where my Indigo flight was located. In fact, I was in the correct terminal almost an hour before my flight was scheduled to take off. There was a long line, which was expected, but I pleaded with the Indigo staff to let me get ahead, explaining that I had to have my bags checked 45 minutes prior to the flight. They outright ignored me, and when they did pay a little attention they told me there was nothing they could do and I would be fine.

Anyway, I still managed to arrive at the check-iin desk about 46 minutes before my flight. The lady working there ignored me for a whole minute or two and then took care of someone else standing nearby until it became 43 minutes before my flight. At which point the lady working at the desk turns to me and tells me I’m late for my flight and she can’t check the bag in for me.

I was a bit taken aback and explained to her the situation. She said she didn’t care and there was nothing she could do. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I immediately go over to the “Customer Service Desk” to find a group of several other customers complaining about the same exact situation that happened to them. I finally get to the front of the line, am still about 35 minutes before my flight is scheduled to take off, and explain to the girl working there. She says, “Sorry I can’t do anything about that. We have no flights until four days later and you will be charged as a no-show and will have to purchase another flight.”

I have flown all over the world and for several years and on a million different airline companies, but I had never seen anything like this. I pleaded with her, begged her, told her that I had no place to stay, knew nobody in the country, and had to be in Kashmir to meet this guy who was taking me to this poor school that I was going to volunteer at and bring supplies to. The lady merely told me she didn’t care and then proceeded to completely ignore me. When I asked for a manager she said there was none. When I asked for a complaint form she said I had to look up how to do it myself. When I finally gave up, about 15 minutes still until my flight was supposed to take off, she wouldn’t even help me get someone to let me out of the airport terminal.

As I have said, I have flown a lot and have never missed a flight in my life. I will never forget my Indigo experience but not for good reasons. This is a company that doesn’t care about you, simply put. They are interested in one thing: money. And guess what they got that from me. But they will never get my service again. Good business model to build on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls