Incentivise BAA Improvements

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

wardill
    Participant

If like me you are sick of the poor management and lack of resourcing of airport operations by British Airports Authority (particularly relating to security queues), and you are a British voter, please sign my petition to the Prime Minister at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BAAService/

The petition reads:
    “We the undersigned frequent BAA travellers wholeheartedly support the conclusion of the Competition Commission that BAA “have failed to manage security queuing and queue times to avoid unacceptable delays to passengers, crew and flights and consequently have not furthered the reasonable interests of the users of Heathrow and Gatwick.”

Whilst there are currently adequate incentives for BAA to invest in the capital structure of airports we believe that there have not been sufficient incentives to drive operational performance (particularly in relation to security queues). We fully endorse the recommendation that the Service Quality Rebate requires an overhaul to ensure that the regulatory regime provides adequate incentive for BAA to improve and maintain service standards.

We urge the Prime Minister to ensure the CAA implement the recommendations of the Competition Commission in full.”

RachelChilds
    Participant

Talking of delays at Gatwick, came through there this evening & ended up in the slowest-moving queue at passport control AGAIN. When I got to the front, turned out my queue was being called through to one desk, while the queue next door was whizzing through three desks. I asked the guy why they didn’t have two desks per queue, so that they moved at the same speed, got the shirty answer (said like it was a good thing): ‘Nobody organises the queues here.’ Maybe it’s time someone started to?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Rachel you should sign up for IRIS and queues will be a thing fo the past*

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/technology/eborders/iris/

It’s all very James Bond, and nice to swan past eveyone else in the line. You then have to wait ages for your bags, but hey ho.

*if its working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls