In Flight magazines – the truth at last

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Safi Airways, a start-up Afghan airline, ventures where few air carriers dare to go: Its in-flight magazine tells the ugly truth about the place where you’re about to land.

American Airlines’ magazine lists the 10 best pizza parlors in America. United Airlines has a spread headlined “3 Perfect Days: Amsterdam,” presumably perfecting its 2007 article, “3 Perfect Days: Amsterdam.”

In the seat pocket in front of you on Safi, you will find an article on Kabul heroin addicts, photos of bullet-pocked tourist sites and ads for mine-resistant sport-utility vehicles.

In a piece in the magazine headlined, “Live Entertainment in Kabul: Dog Fighting,” the writer says dogs in Afghanistan don’t fight to the death, just until one proves dominant. “They are usually pulled apart before they can inflict serious damage on each other,” the article assures passengers.

The airline provides this insider’s tip about one of the city’s leading luxury hotels: “The rooms are individually air-conditioned, accessorized with amenities you will find in 4-star hotels abroad, sheets are clean, view from the room is nice, and—after the suicide bombing that took place—security measures have been implemented.”

VintageKrug
    Participant

I always enjoy a good security measure.

Though preferably while in my hotel room, and not at Frankfurrt Airport.

Charles-P
    Participant

Perhaps this will start a trend:

Air France – you will be greated by a surly Frenchman who will shrug when you ask after your luggage

American Airlines – on arrival at JFK we will assume you are a terrorist, we will make sure you spend the first hour of your trip waiting in long lines

British Airways – On arrival at Heathrow, good luck

Brussels Airlines – When arriving in Brussels expect to find a Walloon and a Vlamms arguing in two different languages, the argument will not make sense.

SAS – Sweden where fish is served for every meal and everybody is better looking than you.

Lufthansa – Germany is full of Germans, be like us or face the consequences.

OLT (my current favourite airline) – welcome to Bremen. If you give me ten minutes while I park the plane I’ll get my car drive you into town and buy you a beer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls