In case you are feeling peckish…

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hilton has revealed the recipe for its signature Doubletree chocolate chip cookie which guests receive at check-in – so that it can be baked at home. Below are some I made earlier…

DoubleTree Signature Cookie Recipe (Makes 26 cookies)

– ½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
    – ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    – ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
    – 2 large eggs
    – 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
    – ¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
    – 2 ¼ cups flour
    – 1/2 cup rolled oats
    – 1 teaspoon baking soda
    – 1 teaspoon salt
    – Pinch cinnamon
    – 2 2/3 cups Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
    – 1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts

Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.

Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.

With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.

Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.

Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.

Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 1 hour.

Cook’s note: You can freeze the unbaked cookies, and there’s no need to thaw. Preheat oven to 300°F and place frozen cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.

DoubleTree_Cookie_HR

4 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Well “that takes the biscuit”

5 users thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

I wonder if Coca Cola might be tempted to follow Doubletree by HIlton’s example……

Just a thought for Easter weekend!

Stay safe everybody.

2 users thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I thought this post was going to be the opportunity to buy airline meals online:-)

2 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=995904][/postquote]

So they could send you a Y class meal without a label, and you could enter a competition to correctly identify what it was? Brilliant fun!

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

There’s nothing like a good healthy snack !

capetonianm
    Participant

I don’t get the whole hype about these ‘cookies’, I’ve had them in various places and they are no better than any similar products. It’s just clever marketing that makes us believe the ‘secret’ recipe hype and thus they must be better.

I love chocolate, in fact that’s a lie, I’m a chocoholic/addict. The first time I went to the USA (late in life as I’d never really had much interest in going) and my work colleagues asked me if I liked chocolate and when I said yes there was a chorus of : “Gee you must try a Hershey Bar …….” and after lunch they came back with typical US generosity laden with the stuff.

I tried not to pull a face when I tried it but all I can say is ‘yuck’. I know they do produce good chocolate in the US but it’s like beer, it’s only limited production. I found a chocolate shop in Boulder or Fort Collins (CO), I forget which, and was in chocolate heaven.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls