I’m searching a destination guide for business travel?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

JamesCoke
    Participant

I need a rich destination guide for travel business, PLZ help,

Thanks in advance

Swissdiver
    Participant

A pure business destination guide does not exist to my knowledge. For countries I don’t know, I generally use Lonely Planet guides in conjunction with a couple of iPhone apps regarding the country’s culture including how to greet, sense of time, …

JamesCoke
    Participant

Thank you Swissdiver for your request
    I means a web site in which can i make a research to find news about contries and business places like congress centers, seminar rooms like this guide http://www.bedouk.com/destination-guide but it’s not evident this one.

Swissdiver
    Participant

James,

Just checked bedouk to understand what you might be looking for. First on bedouk, while it looks interesting at first sight, it is not really. Their “destination guide” on Geneva for instance is appalling (they write German and Italian are also the “national languages”, they miss the local public holidays, …)! When it comes to list the venues, I don’t see any great idea. But I guess they will charge a commission to any hotel a user send a RFP to, a commission the user will ultimately pay…

I usually use either hotel chains or, for smaller meetings, Regus (a bit expensive but in general pretty good). While looking for something else, the tourist office website of many cities is usually very helpful. Back to the Geneva example, they provide you with a detailed list of all the possible venues… And this is really free!

Hope this helps

Swissdiver
    Participant

P.S.: For Paris (as I have the impression this is what you are working on), have a look at http://convention.parisinfo.com/en/about-us/members/

JamesCoke
    Participant

Good morning Swissdiver

Thank you for your help, the website “convention parisinfo” is so interesting it can help me and i will make a reseach on serach engines to find other source of infos.

Have a nice day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls