IHG: Hotels From 5K Priority Club Points

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Although I hold Platinum status with InterContinental Hotel Group’s Priority Club, it does seem to be a programme that operates in a rather covert manner.

For a start, Platinum ‘perks’ are usually somewhat underwhelming, if identifiable; the generic IHG website is a riot of incoherence, incomplete information and tiny images, and promotions are often hidden with such cunning as to be almost Blackadderesque.

No surprise, then, that their ‘PointsBreak’ scheme, which offers hotel nights at the laughably-low rate of 5,000 points per night, is submerged deeper than Atlantis beneath the un-navigable ocean that is ICHotels.com.

The latest list, heaven forbid that you should ever find it, offers properties from the InterContinental Stockholm to the Staybridge Suites Newcastle-upon-Tyne for just those 5K points. If you managed to find some of IC’s other promotions, you might discover that you could probably earn that on half a night’s stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The PointsBreak page is at:

http://bit.ly/9lt4jY

That should help anyone interested avoid sailing in circles around the Mer de ICHotels.com ;-).

David
    Participant

A great find, continentalclub! I have booked a room at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm for this weekend!

Thank you for sharing this promo with us!

continentalclub
    Participant

My pleasure, Home@FL350!

Hope you have a great time.

GarethForster1
    Participant

Wow!
    too good to be true!!! Ive booked numerous weekday stays now at Staybridge in Newcastle and that includes complimentary breakfast and managers evening reception with free wine!!!!! All for 5,000 points a night.
    wellspotted

Binman62
    Participant

I could not agree more with you continentalclub but great find. Thanks

judynagy
    Participant

Hmmmmm …. I haven’t had much trouble with the Priority group, I’m a Platinum and USUALLY get some nice perks when I check in, occasionally nothing … but not often. Currently I’m having a personal contest between ICH and Hilton to see who treats me the best over the next 6 months.

I want to share my “psychological” method of “finding info” on a website when I know it’s there but cleverly hidden: set aside an hour of an evening, pour a glass of wine, and just dig away until you find what you’re looking for. Consider it entertainment, it’s better than a TV program anyway. When I try to do research at the office, I find that I’m much too impatient, so leave it for a leisure hour if possible. Works for me!

GarethForster1
    Participant

glad ive booked this straight as you said continental club cause 3 hours later it appears both staybridge suites Newcastle and Intercontinental Stockholm have been withdrawn from this offer. Must have had a few more bookings than anticipated, which is hardly suprising!!!

continentalclub
    Participant

The new list of Points Breaks hotels has been published on the Priority Club website at:

I’ve just saved over £100 on a night at the ANA Crowne Plaza Narita by using 5K points instead.

Other notable properties include the Indigo at Houston Galleria, the Crowne Plaza Christchurch New Zealand, the Holiday Inn Krakow and the Crowne Plaza Nottingham here in the UK.

These deals usually move quite fast, so do take the opportunity to book asap.

continentalclub
    Participant

And, once again, the list is published at:

Top picks this time around seem to be the Crowne Plaza Auckland and amongst a rather esoteric selection of InterContinentals, the IC Budapest, IC Murcia and IC Houston Galleria.

As always, the best availability is available now.

continentalclub
    Participant

A new list published today at the usual address:

Overall, one of the weaker offers, but if your travels take you to Aqaba or any number of provincial US airports between now and the end of April, then there may be a bargain for you!

VintageKrug
    Participant

These are always great deals, especially if you can snag an Intercontinental; less so on the HIx front.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls