IHG ‘Best Price Guarantee’… is it a farce?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

• Simonuk
    Participant

Ian… The hotel is The Intercontinental Yokohama Grand.. But I have absolutely no problem with this hotel, its perfect in every way from the the spacious clean rooms down to the best possible customer service you can ask for.
    As one poster said.. its a shame that IHG customer care.. don’t have this level of service in their team. The level of service could possibly tarnish the hard work the staff on the front line (in the actual hotel) are doing.
    As for trading standards……. when I suggested I might use another hotel group in the future.. IHG did not even comment.. ! So I’m pretty sure they don’t care.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

If the threat of the trading standards office doesn’t work… if you can find a UK address for IHG then the small claims court may be the way to go. Otherwise a police complaint for fraud???

If you choose the former, standard procedure, as you may know, is to give them fair warning (“If you do not honour this claim within 7/14/21/30 [take your pick] days I will commence legal proceedings”). Filing the claim is straightforward (https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online ). Since legal costs are not recoverable, it is often cheaper for them to pay up than defend.

If you don’t want to be quite that aggressive, how about contacting those lovely people at BT and see if they can take up the cudgels on your behalf?

Simonuk
    Participant

Lovely people at BT? who would they be?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Tom Otley, Alex McWhirter and any number of other journalists on the magazine

An email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] referencing that it is for the crew at Business Traveller magazine should do the trick

ASK1945
    Participant

As an investment analyst, Ive seen clients like Ask1945 who must take a big financial hit before before they learn.

When XXXXX made this stupid, personal remark in May 2014, the price of IHG on the London Stock Market was hovering around 21.00 to 22.00. Since then IHG have issued spectacular dividends, and the stock has risen by about 20% (to around 2700), notwithstanding a fall of 2.6% yesterday“.

We had a debate 3 to 4 years ago about IHG, when one contributor – an investment analyst – decided to open his contribution by commenting on my skills. My response then is above. I resurrect the thread today as IHG hit £49 a share as of a few minutes ago – so they have more than doubled in price since his previous remarks 4 years ago. And, besides offering twice a year above average dividends, in 2016 there were two special dividends (on the sale of another Intercontinental Hotel) which fully repaid the cost of my original investment.

What I own now at £59 a share has cost me nothing. I bought at £7.48 in 2005. I am not a [professional] investment analyst.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls