If you use BAEC and fly AA, check your statement

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MarkCymru
    Participant

I travelled LHR to JFK on American Airlines in November. I bought a business ticket for about £2,700. While I was checking in online, AA offered me an upgrade to first for about $400 on both sectors. It was a good deal and I bought it. (BTW, it was not bad at all — great lounge staff, lovely people onboard who really wanted to please and very comfortable seats. I was surprised!)

I’ve just got around to checking my BA Executive Club statement. I only got credit for business. I called the BAEC with some difficulty — they give an old (invalid) UK number on the website, they block calls from the UK to their 0191 number and their 0844 number costs 10p a minute. They use up at least 20p with superfluous promotional messages before you get to speak to anybody. A very helpful EC staff member said that this was a known problem with their system and that they would fix it within five days. She was great and I got a very positive overall impression from the call but shouldn’t they fix the system?

Gold-2K
    Participant

This also happens when upgrading at check in for BA long haul flights. For some reason when I have taken the £50 upgrade offer from euro traveller to club Europe the points get credited correctly, but on a number of occasions when I have paid to upgrade from CW to First I always have to call to get the points and Avios adjusted. The flight always shows as a redemption booking. It’s happened for years but only seems to be an issue on longhaul …… and it really is about time if was fixed especially as its a known problem.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I am not surprised by this. I have a battle every time we fly BA on the HKG/LHR route and upgrade to business with miles. Absolutely without fail we don’t get credited with any miles at all, even though we should get the miles for the underlying (WTP) ticket. Apparently that’s a known problem too…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls