Identify the airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• FDOS
    Participant

The first post pix are from the A330 (don’t know if the A340-300 used the same).

The seat pitch was enormous, however the seats were narrow with fixed sides and some of the most uncomfortable business class I’ve experienced. The A330 was not really wide enough to accomodate 7 across, but EK rammed them in, anyway.

cybertravller
    Participant

So that is what Emirates looked like before they discovered gold and faux wood!

cwoodward
    Participant

I much preferred the former – and I didn’t like that much ether !

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This is a tough one – the photo is quite small – I flew this once….

Business-seating

FDOS
    Participant

That last one could be a number of different airlines – I tried a Google image search to see if it could source the airline, with no joy.

It looks like a 1990s designed first class to me, the airline could be Swissair or a number of others, a lot looked similar in those days.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I did a Google search as well, but didn’t find it!

It was business class when I flew it, though it might have been a first class seat before that. The picture dates from 2007….

FDOS
    Participant

Could it have been the old EK Skycruiser recliner, as fitted to the 777?

It’s difficult to pick up the colour from the photo, but the seat was pretty big, though not lie flat. The colour was a melange of bluish and reddish IIRC, which could look grey on a small picture.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This was on a B747, just two classes, with a total of 81 business class seats….

sparkyflier
    Participant

Confinental BusinessFirst? Maybe KLM?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

No, to give a big clue, it was on a direct flight from London to Asia…

Kopite
    Participant

Malaysian Airlines System (MAS) for the stewardess in sarong kebaya.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls