Icelandair abandons plans for Wow Air takeover

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AMcWhirter 14 Dec 2018
at 16:17

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

We posted this piece today. If you have long-haul flights booked with Wow Air in the coming months I would suggest you check the flight status.

For example, with Pittsburg (although Wow Air has yet to make an official comment) no services between Europe/Reykjavik and this city are displayed after January 11.

Icelandair abandons plans for Wow Air takeover

ABowen1
    Participant

Reported this morning that another 5 planes, including the remaining A330 are leaving, reducing the fleet from 20 to 11. Delhi, only begun a few days ago, will end in January as will LAX which is currently being flown by an A321 with a stop in Edmonton. This looks as though it may be following Primera into the airways of the departed

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As Wow Air has not made an official announcement yet regarding any further cuts I must stress that, as I mentioned above, readers with Wow Air flights in the coming weeks and months must check their flight status.

All this airline has said officially so far is that there are no changes to its schedule this month and for early January.

Airlineroute is saying that flights to Delhi, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Vancouver have been closed for advance reservations.

It’s also understood that Chicago will cease (again Wow Air has made no official statement).

Any of Wow’s really long routes will have to cease because these were operated by A330s which will be quitting its fleet.

Wow Air’s Vancouver route, planned for June 2019, was reported by BTUK only two months ago.

Wow Air’s latest transatlantic route will be Vancouver

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls