Iberia’s Business Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

We all read BT’s article about Iberia’s new product and i have to say that is much better than BA’s and most of Europe’s airliners that they use 3-3 with the middle seat blocked.

I don’t think that is possible for BA to apply a new product to all of its fleet, there are restrictions for operational reasons to do it as i believe they use the same planes also in the UK domestic routes but i believe they could put it at some A320’s that operate in the longest European routes (Zone 3). On the European’s 767s there is no reason because they actually have to change them completely.

This new product ensures everyone that the merge with Iberia is not a downgrade for BA and they actually have a lot of competitive products, after the new Business Plus and other executive services such as limousine service for free , available in Madrid, Barcelona, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires (Argentina), Mexico City (Mexico) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).

Similar Business Class product has also Olympic Air, dedicated for the ATH-LHR route.

http://www.olympicair.com/Default.aspx?a_id=1529

Regards,

Potakas

VintageKrug
    Participant

A mid-haul BA Business Class for longer flights such as Athens, Larnaca, Istanbul and Moscow would be an excellent idea; run as a dedicated subfleet in the same way BA franchise holder BMed Airways used to be would be excellent for passengers.

As I recall (though I can’t find any online evidence of this) BMed used the old BA Club World cradle seats on the longer Middle Eastern routes (eg Beirut) aboard the A321s.

However, there are many reasons why there is reluctance to do this, not least benchmarking against what the competition offers, fleet interoperability, volume of transfer traffic, route demand and flight timings.

Remember that BA uses fully longhaul configured aircraft on the relatively short Tel Aviv, Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh routes, so these might also be candidates for this midhaul product, which could result in a “downgrade” for passengers.

Potakas
    Participant

I believe that BA uses those aircrafts not for comfort but mainly because the demand is high on those routes. So they will continue use them.

The only bad thing with this product would be that they could not any longer have the movable divider between the Club Europe and Euro Traveller sections, so they could not have any other configurations possible.

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

“The only bad thing with this product would be that they could not any longer have the movable divider between the Club Europe and Euro Traveller sections, so they could not have any other configurations possible.”

Not true, Garuda Indonesia do that on their regional plane and has the moveable divider between Economy and Business. 🙂

Potakas
    Participant

So, Garuda indonesia has similar product as Iberia’s and if they have more bookings on Business class they put the divider back and they give them economy class seat????

Since now BA has similar seats for business and economy with some extra space for the first 10 rows in order to move the divider and have many Club Europe configurations. The only difference between CE and Euro Traveller is that they keep the middle seat blocked. Here i am talking about a different product where the configuration could not change, as they have to decide exactly how many Club Europe seats they will put in each plane.

Regards

Potakas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls