Iberia’s Buenos Aires-Madrid service – what aircraft and does it have fully-flat seating?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• UKGB_AG75
    Participant

Hi, I’m travelling back from Buenos Aires on IB3179 on a A340-200 according to Iberia’s flight page. This route they also seem to lay on the A340-500 for the evening flight but not on the one I’m on.

Anyone with recent experience able to clarify if it’s refurbished business cabins or not? There’s conflicting advice whether A340-200 that I’m on is upgraded or not. If it isn’t, anyone able to elaborate on the old product?

Thanks

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

IB3179 is the flight number for LHR to MAD. I assume you mean IB6856. But if you have code 342 on the flight then it is the old business class product in a 2-2-2 formation. So not a flat-bed product. some days this flight is a 345 – so hopefully you’ll get a plane change to a newer version.

sparkyflier
    Participant

As have mentioned before though, the older product gives you a lot of space. Think 1990s First Class, with the seat going very nearly flat, allowing for the slight angle of the plane in flight.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls