Iberia / Vueling Business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I need some advice. I am being positioned to Southern Spain for a few months. During my stay I am going to be doing a lot of flights both domestic and international. I have just noticed that despite being booked to fly Iberia in business class I am actually flying on a Vueling flight. Has anyone travelled on Vueling in business class ? I thought it was a LCC and am a bit concerned about the inflight service on offer.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Vueling do not have Business Class. I might be wrong but I think you would get what they call an excellence fare. This gives you:

Seat in row 1 with no-one next to you
    Flexibility on changes and cancelations
    Check in your bag (23 kg)
    Exclusive check-in desks
    Fast-track through security control
    VIP lounges
    Priority boarding
    Reserved room for your hand luggage (14 kg)
    Choice of on-board catering
    Vueling Points, Avios and Iberia Plus

The catering is basically what you want from their buy on board menu.

Enjoy.

miningguy
    Participant

I fly business with Iberia a lot down to Soth America. Really excellent service, nice flat bed and not bad food. I would say they are better then BA Club.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I’ve flown Vueling a couple of times in ‘Y’ and I am not aware they have Bus Class. For short flights inter Spain/Europe economy is fine. Iberia Bus Class (Europe) is similar i.e middle seat empty. Flew Bus with them to JFK and later this month to Boston out of Alicante. The bus class product is fine but it was the fare that was attractive ALC-MAD-BOS return GBP 1500 ! The gem is Air Nostrum which is Iberia’s Regional airline where the cabin crew on what is generally very short hops are immaculately turned out.

Uncledude
    Participant

And for around half the price of BA and IB European Business Class.

RichardBarr
    Participant

I had that happen to me. A client booked business class on Iberia from Tel Aviv to Barcelona code share with Vueling. I was connecting to a BA flight to LHR. I have to say I actually found the Vueling flight to be very pleasant. The staff on board are young and jovial. Aside from the airline’s ontime record needing improvement out of TLV, I wouldn’t hesitate to fly with them again.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s been a while since I flew Vueling (pre IAG), but when I did, I found it to be a perfectly good airline, especially with the free seat in the front few rows.

Let’s get real for a moment, there is a limit to what European airlines will do with an A320 and only a marginal difference between legacy and loco, these days.

rferguson
    Participant

Yup no business class on Vueling. It’s the ‘excellence fare’. Collecting Avios looks muddly. BA.com says you only collect when booking a Vueling flight as an IB flight number. If you have an Iberia FF account you can elect during the booking process to earn Avios for credit to that IB account.

Row 1, Dedicated check in. Lounge access. Free food from the BOB menu.

http://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-services/vueling-s-new-fares/excellence-fare

Not sure what happens if more than four people per flight book an ‘excellence’ fare!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Not sure what happens if more than four people per flight book an ‘excellence’ fare!”

Get downgraded and claim 600€?

Nice little earner! I am sure Vueling have controls to avoid that.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

So for the excellence fare you get the same seat as economy, but the seat next to you empty. You get priority check-in, fast track, lounge access and priority boarding. You get a free check-in bag, free food.

So far, it sounds an awful lot like BA short-haul.

But on Veiling you get reserved space for 14kg of cabin baggage, and you’re guaranteed to be in row 1, plus you can change to an earlier flight on the same day for free. So actually – better than BA!!

(And no, I’m not picking on BA particularly, I suspect the same is true for most other European airlines, it’s just that my only recent experience has been on BA and AY, and the AY flights were codeshares with BA!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls