Iberia Express

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’ve noticed some future flights (Malta) booked through the BA website are being switched to / operated by, Iberia Express. Is this likely to impact the services offered as happened when Vueling operated some BA flights?

Johnnyg
    Participant

London Air Travel quoted BA the other day that :-

According to timetables, Iberia Express will operate selected Gatwick flights from April to a wide range destinations. These include Cagliari, Madrid, Mahon, Malta, Seville, Venice and Verona.

Cargoman
    Participant

I was looking to travel from AMS to LGW in May and noticed that 2 out of the 3 daily flights were operated by Iberia Express.
    I guess for a sub 1 hour flight it shouldn’t be a big problem.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I suspect that on these flights there is no Club Europe option due to galley facilities, but stand to be corrected.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

I’ve flown IBExpress numerous times. They operate a two cabin service, Business and Economy. The middle seat is kept free in business. The galleys are full size front and back so stowage space for catering is not an issue. Service wise, Economy is BOB, Business is food and drinks appropriate for the time of day and sector length. Their crews tend to be youngish, smartly attired and in my experience very charming and helpful.
    I would think they are more than capable of delivering BA’s service on the routes they’ll fly.
    One final observation, they are very punctuality focused, the cabin crew especially.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Rob
    Participant

I had the misfortune to fly Business with Iberia Express LPA-MAD-LGW two days ago. Their website in English clearly states that special meals cannot be booked for flights of under three hour duration suggesting that they at least carry some additional meals. They don’t. Onboard I was bluntly told “No, you have to pre-order” contrary to their website. I was offered a cheese and ham sandwich or four bags of almonds as a vegetarian option whilst everyone else had a hot meal (asides from one other passenger who had the same issue).

The business check-in did not open until I had queued in economy for 30 minutes. The seat in the centre was blocked otherwise Imay as well have travelled in the back.

Their website crashes constantly and it is hell to do anything on it.

Yes third world problems but paying a Business fare for one gin and tonic and for no-one to sit next to me is not an enticement to ever fly Business with Iberia Express again.

Bobbo
    Participant

Excellent service as always on Iberia Express, always puts BA to shame. Nice Business class experience, free flowing cava and a decent meal, suitable to the time of day.

Paulantonycooper
    Participant

Travel with IB express a lot
    Staff very good , aircraft clean and getting more new ones all the time.

Daytripper
    Participant

New planes and reasonable service, but subject to a HUGE caveat. Amongst the worst legroom in the sky – worse than BA, EasyJet and Ryanair. Almost impossible if you’re over 5ft10. But don’t take my word for it, check Seatguru’s airline comparison table.

1 user thanked author for this post.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

My BA flight to Bordeaux is now going to be operated by Iberia Express. Presumably this is some sort of ‘wet lease’ of aircraft by BA as the flight number remains a BA one, so I expect that the service (or lack thereof) will be determined by BA.

cheshirecat
    Participant

Ba Cabin service delivered by their crew
    all catered by the normal caterers for BA

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls