Iberia business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Ronpa123
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m thinking of taking Iberia flight from tel aviv -Madrid – Chicago
    Does anyone know if the business class on those flights are good? Do they have a flat bad?
    How would u compare it with Lufthansa for example on the same route? ( except for going throught Frankfurt than Madrid of course)
    Thanks a lot,
    Ron
    P.S
    If someone knows how to check with airplane is used, I’m going away on August 6th and back on August 17
    Thanks!

StephenLondon
    Participant

A little research in the IB website will help you, but the TLV-MAD sector is operated by IB’s fleet of mid-haul A319s, with a mid-haul seat 2×2 that is 56cm wide and 127 cm of seat pitch. You get a hand-held PSP device for entertainment, and a decent business menu, pillows, blankets and an amenity kit. Your longer-haul MAD-ORD will feature IB’s long-haul lie-flat product.

ESKY777
    Participant

Lufthansa uses a new 747-8 on the FRA-ORD sector with four classes — Business Class has a 2 X 2 X 2 layout. Window seats do not have direct aisle access and the seats have very little privacy, if any at all, in relation to the neighbouring seat. Iberia will have a new two class A330-300 on the MAD-ORD sector with a 1 X 2 X1 layout in Business Class. All seats have direct aisle access, half the seats are solo seats with a side area and the double seats have a privacy divider which can be used. In Madrid you will arrive and depart from Terminal 4S, with no need to change terminals or have a long walk. The Terminal is relatively new, is light and airy and is a Richard Rogers Partnership design. The airport experience and hard product are by far superior on IB, but LH has a different feel and soft product which many like.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Based on my last experience with IB in Business Class last summer from MAD to MEX I would attest that IB s Terminal 4S at Madrid Barajas airport is very airy ,well illuminated ,clean ,nice ,yet with some long walks sometimes depending on your gate .It is not a small terminal but never crowded .The IB Velazquez Business lounge is a nice one with a perfect tarmac view ,comfortable seating and great tasty Spanish food on offer plus some decent facilities .It may get crowded though at some peak times but generally a pleasant lounge and better than many other european airlines lounges .It beats the BA Galleries lounge at LHR head and shoulders !!!!
    LH lounges in FRA are now good after the renovation and offer elegant seating areas and decent facilities .
    Back to the IB inflight product :I flew on a A346 from MAD to MEX with the new flat beds ;a super seat ( reminiscent of the lovely CX seat ) ,comfortable ,not -too-tight ,great big IFE screen,etc .The service on board was fair ( my expectations were raised though ).It was faultless but I cannot say the BEST in Europe .
    I personally don t like too much the cocooning that many airlines are practicing nowadays in the name of ” privacy ” .I don t like being isolated in my seat so the LH seat is a decent one in my eyes .
    In summary ,if the IB fare is cheaper than LH s ,go for IB !..if not really ,then it is all up to your loyalty scheme of preference ; are you a Oneworld fan ? or a Star one ???

Swissdiver
    Participant

Iberia is far far better than the lousy Lufty! Do check these items:
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/MAD-Barajas-Lounges
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Iberia-A340-300
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Madrid-Sao-Paulo

This being said, the B747-8 is just the best aircraft currently in service. So if you never few on it, it might be worth a try…

KSHaggag
    Participant

The NEW LH Business Class seat is far far better than the former one which was really bad ( comfort and ..color ….) .This seat should now be embedded on most if not all long haul aircraft of LH notably the 747-8 ,the A346,A333 ,A380 and I presume A343 ..anyway the LH A343 is now so old I would love to see it withdrawn from their fleet ;no need to refurbish it ,better give it to Eurowings .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls