Iberia / BA checked bag policy – advice needed…

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• superchris
    Participant

Hi all,

Have just booked a flight to Menorca for next year, outward direct on BA LHR MAH, and return via Madrid. Booked on Iberia website on IB flight numbers. I was offered either a basic fare (no bags / pre seating) or a fare with bags and seating. As I will only have probably 2 bags for a family of 5 decided on the basic fare and just pay for 2 bags. However…what is interesting is the IB website clearly states that flights to/from Heathrow (not Gatwick mind) including connections includes 1 free bag so have booked the basic fare.

The link is here in case anyone is interested.

http://www.iberia.com/web/product.do?cntCat=Productos/EQUIFR&cntId=EQFARELHR&language=en&country=GB&market=GB

What do you think the odds are of a big row, (and big bill) at check in when I attempt to check in 2 bags for a family of 5??

Interestingly, the IB manage my booking function gives no option to add bags further reinforcing the bags are included.

Does anyone have any thoughts / any experiences of the complex BA / IB bag policy on short haul flights?

Thanks in advance.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What I would do to avoid any rows and bills, is to print out the link and next time you are near an Iberia / or even a BA desk, ask the question and record the answer on the print out (of course if it is in your favour)… Next year is a long way away…

Good luck…

superchris
    Participant

Thanks martyn. The funny thing is im genuinely not trying to be sneaky here and fully expected to go straight onto IBs MMB service and pay for a couple of bags but it wont let me!

Have printed all the links out so lets see what happens….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls