IanFromHKG

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Glad to hear all is well Ian, and I’m sure you’re enjoying life in Gibraltar.

Following up on some names from the past, I miss BettyBoop. I still fantasise about her post where she wrote about her taking a shower for some reason!

Ah, what a sad life I live 😉 😉

6 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1348777]

Best not to dwell on that LP.

I miss Papillion55 and Canucklad

6 users thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Starting my travels again soon. In the next few weeks I will be flying over a dozen sectors. In the meantime, loving the Gibraltar sun!

3 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Still wintery in HK Ian – I am referring to the weather

StephenLondon
    Participant

VK is still alive and is living outside of MAN. He still posts on some forums, notably under his real name on a BA gold group on FB.
    He does not travel so much these days, and jas been distanced by a few aviation enthusiasts for reasons similar to his removal from this board and a few others.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DanielleL98
    Participant

[postquote quote=1348777]

LP – I hope you are referring to Becky and not Betty! She spat out her Vintage Krug while I shared the comment to her as she was having her nails done (just kidding).

To those it may concern, you will be pleased to know she is also very much alive well and living a dream life on the outskirts of Ascot. Married, has three adorable children and a jaw breaking home. Once received a job offer with BA but had to decline it after becoming pregnant with her first child. Other than being a full time housewife and having the house remodelled every time she is bored, does lots of baking, yoga and volunteer work. Only ever travels for pleasure these days with the family and the odd girlies annual break. She has asked me to personally tell you:

From my heart to yours, namaste, BeckyBoop xx

IanFromHKG
    Participant

From the last post: “ Only ever travels for pleasure these days with the family “

Speaking of (and back to*me* – lol) the Memsahib and I are two days into some different travelling. We left Le Barcares (sorry, don’t know how to do accents here but the last e has a grave accent) in southwest France yesterday, stopping off in Estartit in southeast Spain and spent today traveling to Puerto de Andraitx in Mallorca. Nothing commercial involved, we are sailing our new (to us) toy to our new home in Gibraltar

I spent (barring a half-hour break at midday and a couple of toilet breaks) 12 hours at the helm today battling 25 knot winds and 1.5 – 2 metre waves. Good learning experience, but fun just isn’t the word. Thank goodness we have almost 1,000 HP at our disposal, not that we were able to use much of it most of the time…

But this is what all those years slogging away doing business travel were ultimately all about – getting to the point where we could travel for our own reasons and in our own agenda. As I said, today hasn’t been a fun day BUT this is the first step to our dream of spending huge chunks of our retirement with a lovely boat in the Med traveling (once this delivery trip is over!) at our own pace, going wherever we want whenever we want and how we want. Starting in about four days, which is how long it will take to get home!

Here’s to the dream, everybody!

8 users thanked author for this post.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I didn’t meet VK as such but he did once call me (which I found rather bizarre). I won’t reveal his identity, but he was a pleasant chap and said that he treated the Forum as “just a bit of fun.”

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1354745]I didn’t meet VK as such but he did once call me (which I found rather bizarre)[/quote]

Did you find out how he got your phone number? I am a little concerned about this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

[postquote quote=1354862]

ASK. I post in my real name and run a business in my real name. Therefore, all he had to do was google me and find my website where my contact details are listed (and I have a relatively uncommon name).

Simon

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls