Ian_from_HKG look away now: : )

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

canucklad
    Participant

I found this article in the South China Post…..as some of us use CX & BA I thought that you might find it interesting…

Ian…..please take my title with the humour it was intended

http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/article/1212832/i-can-fly-bring-your-own-mop-cathay-vs-british-airways

On a more serious note, I wasn’t sure what to make of the article …..
    Is it actually a safety issue and would it be allowed to occur in Europe? …

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1293486/safety-fear-over-orders-take-regardless

Bullfrog
    Participant

I have been flying Cathay for many years. The description of the on board toilet prior to departure from New York does not fit the Cathay Pacific that I know.

TominScotland
    Participant

Bullfrog, I don’t think you can challenge media reports of this sort. Afterall, we are not permitted to challenge negative coverage of BA in newspapers which many posters to this form accept as gospel.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Canucklad, I have thick skin, broad shoulders and a sense of humour! And I don’t doubt the report, although I am very surprised by it. As I have said many times, CX are (normally!) wonderfully consistent. But apparently not 100% so!

I’ll pass that link on to a friend of mine in one of the C-suites…

StephenLondon
    Participant

I am really surprised at the lacklustre report on CX ex-JFK. Usually the CX lavatories are very clean bordering on spotless, pre-take off drinks done (they even do them for premium economy, so doubly strange they weren’t done on this sector), magazine racks tend to be quite full, and food generally tasty and varied. Creams, lotions and potions are often added post-take off for some strange reason.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cathay let down by its staff, but not the product…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls