IAG profits up

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Olneyflyer
    Participant

Must be because of all the customer enhancements they have recently introduced!

openfly
    Participant

I would hope that there was a profit with the high fares that they charge!

MrMichael
    Participant

Excellent, and I am glad the enhancements to Gold holders have resulted in me getting a reasonable dividend. Woohoo.

Cheers.

Edited to add……big fat bonus for Willie, the boy is doing great.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Great performance, superb management, fantastic leadership.

Of course, the fact that oil went from over $90 per barrel to under $50 per barrel has nothing to do with it 😉

TominScotland
    Participant

And, indeed, FDOS_UK, oil price appears to have benefited other airlines as well – see

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/20c67bb2-7e12-11e5-93c6-bba4b4b36134.html#axzz3q87IEnnr

Both LH and AF shares fell sharply as a result….

openfly
    Participant

Having publicly announced some months ago that “the drop in the price of fuel will have no effect for some months to come because we forward purchase our fuel for two years in advance” would indicate that they were lying…..what a surprise! That was the reason given for not changing the fuel surcharge…..

TominScotland
    Participant

openfly, I just love your positivity about BA – maybe to be balanced, you could find one or two negative things to say about them?

As FDOS_UK said “Of course, the fact that oil went from over $90 per barrel to under $50 per barrel has nothing to do with it” – so where’s the lie?

SimonS1
    Participant

They said three months ago that it would be well into 2016 before the full impact was felt. As fuel costs were down 8% and oil prices are down a lot more it suggests there is more to come over the next 2/3 quarters.

Should give Openfly a few more chances to trot out the same old lines.

Nothing wrong with criticism of BA but some posters seem to love gilding the lily. Like the “BA quietly brings forward terminal changes” b/s.

openfly
    Participant

To appease VK (SimonS1) I have to report that my flights on BA within South Africa and from CPT to T3 this week were superb in all respects….apart from no arrivals lounge in T3!! The crews were excellent. The check in staff were all a credit to BA. Our bags came off first in AMS. The lounge staff in AMS are so pleasant and polite. Brilliant flight-deck PAs from CPT to T3. Served first during the meal service as I only wanted fruit.
    See….not all bad!

But just fed up with being pooed on from a great height as a Gold card holder from CPT!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

TominScotland – 31/10/2015 07:56 GMT

I don’t see anyone here mentioning LH and AF results, otherwise I would have made the same comment, with the rider that ‘even with an oil price…..’, they still performed poorly.

FWIW, I see AF as a basket case and LH on the (painful) road to recovery.

Openfly, SimonS1 is not Sergeant Krug, I can assure you of that.

MrMichael
    Participant

FDOS_UK, you describe AF as a basket case, I will second that. However you go on to describe LH “on the painful road to recovery”. Early days I fear with almost total capitulation to the unions and nothing like the gains in efficiency required of a profitable business model.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael – 31/10/2015 15:20 GMT

That’s why I said painful – success is not certain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls