I was sitting in F, meal over, sipping Champagne…then…..

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

Henryp1 I think thats a little disingenuous to be frank, if people have the opportunity to upgrade themselves or indeed have the chance to sit with loved ones who are you to to say thats unacceptable?

People who have upgraded have probably done the time and the miles to be in a position to upgrade so live and let live….. This is how I benefit from premium travel these days and I am sure I spend far more time in aircraft than most so I deserve to sit in a premium cabin if I use miles or any other form of upgrade!

Clearly in your ivory tower we are all but mere mortals!!!

Henryp1
    Participant

[quote quote=852992]Henryp1 I think thats a little disingenuous to be frank, if people have the opportunity to upgrade themselves or indeed have the chance to sit with loved ones who are you to to say thats unacceptable?
    People who have upgraded have probably done the time and the miles to be in a position to upgrade so live and let live….. This is how I benefit from premium travel these days and I am sure I spend far more time in aircraft than most so I deserve to sit in a premium cabin if I use miles or any other form of upgrade!
    Clearly in your ivory tower we are all but mere mortals!!![/quote]

I’m not interested in those who use miles as these are like a currency. I’m just against the free upgrades because customers want to sit with someone, but are not prepared to pay. My comments relate to this as I pay and don’t understand why my experience should be compromised due to this. Not too sure what you mean by ivory tower though.

SwissExPat
    Participant

[quote quote=852088]

My view would be that personally, I would never separate myself from a spouse with a child on a flight even if we booked Y and I was offered an upgrade to F. However it seems that others dont share this view.

I agree but perhaps they wanted to fly F but didn’t want to subject the other F passengers to a baby. So one made the sacrifice. Or perhaps it was a work trip for the lady with hubby and baby tagging along.
    Still, I also wouldn’t want to be separated from my family.[/quote]

Just in point in fact, the infant remained in F with the Mother. It was not very well received in the cabin!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls