I want to travel London to North Cyprus can any one suggest me which will be cheaper and convenient by Train and Bus

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Petericia
    Participant

I want to travel London to North Cyprus can any one suggest me which will be cheaper and convenient by Train and Bus

gordo66
    Participant

Do you mean North Cyprus as a country? If so, you will not be able to get there by bus or tain. Only by flights.
    You can fly with Cyprus Turkish Airlines (from LHR, LGW & STN, stops in some turkey airports), with Pegasus Airlines (from STN with stops), Turkish Airlines (via IST).

NTarrant
    Participant

Actually it is possible to travel by train to Greece and then ferry to Southern Cyprus where you can get a bus to Nicosia and then cross the boarder, although onward travel to other parts are patchy to say the least.

The best option is as gordo66 suggests.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ther eis some website which will plan a journey for you by train – even the most odd trips which would more normally be taken on a plane.

Can’t remember the name, though. Try google. It’s always best to try google first when asking questions like this and then referring to the forum once your initial research is complete.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

NTarrant
    Participant

seat61.com is the best place for the links to the ferries, it also shows a link to a ferry service between Turkey and Cyprus all year so it is another option.

There are also many mini cruise lines that operate from Cyprus to Egypt and Israel/Jordan, it used to be possible to travel on those as a ferry (passener only) but that was 10 years ago. A copy of the Thomas Cook International and European rail timetables would be useful in planning trips and routes.

Potakas
    Participant

Ok.. North Cyprus IS not a country that’s why you cannot reach it direct with flight and you have to go through turkey.

RogerVictor
    Participant

Try this airline form Heathrow

http://www.kthy.net/kthyen/index.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls