I Pilot Flight Simulators at Bluewater and Westfield

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

FlightDoctor
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been given a voucher for a 30 minute “Flight Experience” on of the iPilot Boeing 737 simulators in Bluewater/Westfield shopping centres. Has anyone had any experience of these simulators? If so, could you recommend the best airports for take offs/landings?

watersz
    Participant

wonder if you can still do kai tak -Hong kong from the old days….

it wasnt’ known as the kai tak heart attack for nothing
    had my first go- around expirence there..
    character forming ……

flyingbunny
    Participant

I have done this experience twice. It is so much fun, you will have a great time and the 30 minutes will fly by… I did Las Vegas in a storm and Santiago too which was great. I’m sure there are other dramatic airports you can do – I think Nairobi takes you through mountains and i bet Cape Town looks good too. If you want to be more local I took off from Gatwick and flew over my house…let us know how you get on.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I think for arrivals LHR westerly and LCY easterly over central London are both popular for the view, full reverse at LCY with the 737 though! Kai Tak obviously if it’s available, isn’t Skiathos also supposed to be similar? The famous St Maarten SXM although possibly more of a spectacle from the ground; take off is quite good with the sharp right to avoid the hill. What about that one half way up Everest on a steep slope with a huge drop at one end and a mountain side at the other – ok maybe not much fun with a 737!! Chambery is quite good too.

One of the ITVV flight deck DVD series is an A320 simulator, where amongst other moves surely guaranteed a non-routine regulatory visit he takes off from Manchester in a storm – ok what’s unusual about that some may say.

Janet flight to area 51?

Again not really 737 territory but you could insist on landing on the beach at Barra – times subject to tide so as long as they don’t count the 30 minutes from when you arrive!!

Take off from JFK 31L with glass of VK in your hand, then lie back, think of England and get out the arrivals chart for LHR in just over 3 hours…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls