I got a \'gold\' welcome the other day….

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

.. and it was discreetly delivered in an understated and polished manner.

it really impressed the lady sitting next to me 🙂

TominScotland
    Participant

Been doing a lot of longhaul travelling lately on BA, QR, KL, KQ and CX in Economy, Premium Economy and Business and have been interested in ‘meet and greet’ although it is actually not important to me. I am oneworld Emerald and Skyteam Platinum. QR and CX always acknowledged me, generally with the CSD visiting the seat discreetly and addressing me by name. With BA it is hit and miss, maybe Legacy (who do) and Mixed Fleet who forget? Nothing at all from KL or KQ.

stevescoots
    Participant

2 BA flights in 2 weeks out to Asia and back. no welcome

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Traveling in Europe I’ve never had any welcome in Economy, despite having had BA Gold, Skyteam Gold and Star Gold. Only in Business am I addressed by name but just assumed they address everyone by name in that cabin, not because I’m Gold.

SimaHir
    Participant

Have occasionally been offered extra wine discretely, when sitting in WT and the CSD will stop by asking if all is in order.

James
    Participant

Flying to Nassau on a reward flight recently in Economy I received a great Gold Card Welcome from the CSD. Very polite and professional. The crew bought me and my partner 3 glasses each of champagne from Club at the start of the flight and couldn’t be more helpful providing us with additional drinks throughout the flight, coming to check on us for the entire 9 hours, always calling me by name etc. I have done 20+ sectors with BA in FIRST or Club World on business in the last year and yet never received anything like this level of welcome and friendly attention from the crew. If only BA could be more consistent as this really made the flight special despite being in Economy!

Window-seat
    Participant

I got one the other day JFK-LHR, the first in a while but always nice and so much better customer service than AA who I had the misfortune of flying out with.

travelworld
    Participant

More hit and miss for me. Usually in Club or First, occasionally in economy. Not at all since I sued them for my 600 Euro cancelled flight compensation…which will be proceeding to a hearing shortly. However, I doubt that news has hit the passenger manifests yet…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I wonder if CSD’s will bring a complimentary drink to a Gold in Y when there is BoB.

In another thread I recall a post about CE running out of tonic and they could not bring a tonic from the BoB to the front of the aircraft.

Dinosaur
    Participant

Like others i have not had one from BA in quite a while as a BA gold. I did get one from Qatar recently in Business and from Cathay whilst travelling in Economy. I was in the last row of economy and the crew ensured that i got my first choice meal and was also served first, much to the bewilderment of the passenger next to me. It was a nice touch though.

mkcol74
    Participant

In the last 2 years as gold I got 1 “gold welcome” – that was when travelling in First & the CSD wandered up with his iPad & literally told me & my husband that the iPad said he had to also welcome us as valued executive club members & to thank us for our continued custom. It was hard to hear him clearly as his tongue was so far in his cheek.
    Otherwise we had welcomes from 2 CX senior crew members while in Y+ & J – beautifully done by welcoming us with a newspaper & bottle of water each, and a request that if there was anything else we needed then to just ask; and I had 1 while in Y on AA just a few weeks ago – directly approached, asked what I’d like from their BoB menu & brought to me before the rest of the cabin as they didn’t want me to miss out on my first choice (to both me & my seatmate’s bemusement as I didn’t realise I was entitled to anything on AA!) given I was sat in 2nd last row.

That’s with around 20 sectors, mostly in a premium cabin, on BA, and about double that on other Oneworld carriers. So it’s lovely when it happens & it’s done well.

TominScotland
    Participant

LGW to GLA last night, sitting in Economy. CSD comes to me, greets me by name and welcomes me aboard. Asks if there is anything she can do etc. and then enquires about my lounge experience – my first time to use the new First facility at LGW (which I think is lovely and understated BTW). Must be the first time this has happened to me on a domestic flight.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

I must be lucky, each time I travel on the DXB route I nearly always get a welcome from the CSD sometime during the flight. For a short while mixed fleet operated the route and that is when the welcome did not always happen.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Got a very personal welcome a couple of weeks ago flying TIA-LGW from the CCM. Welcomed my wife and I by name and then a private explanation for the late (5 min departure), expected arrival time, routing and weather in London. He also took our meal order before departure, to make sure we got our first choices. He then came back later with updated arrival time and weather forecast.

As we were due to land around 23.50 and staying at an airport hotel, none of it really mattered, but it was well done and appreciated and cost very little.

Filbyemt
    Participant

First flight since reaching gold level with BA, in a reward seat (club) to Sydney was greeted in my seat on both sectors by the csd’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls