I decided to give Easyjet another chance…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

For the past 10 years I avoided having another terrible experience with Easyjet. Today though, prices were crazy with BA or LX so I decided to give the orange airline another try.
    Bad decision, although I had a raw 1 aisle seat and arrived on time.
    But the whole experience was quite unpleasant: The crew eating their nails, their lack of care, non reclinable seats, old interior, and … LGW North!
    Beyond the oldness of the terminal and the fact the e-gates were not working, another train must be taken to ride the Gatwick Express…
    Well at least I am experiencing the old First Class seats for the last time (http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/analysis-is-gatwick-express-worth-the-premium)… But all together, I am not sure the whole thing was worth the saving of GBP 200…
    And I can not even say no more as I am flying back tonight… But then, no more for another decade at least…

goldaviator
    Participant

Be interesting to hear how tonights flight compares?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

To save £200 between Geneva and London, I’d happily sit on an orange box 🙂 1h15m duration and arrived on schedule – works for me. I guess it depends on one’s priorities.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Well, I suppose you could have paid £200 more to fly with BA and traveled on one of the Ebay A320s with a slight recline to the seat and all the other experiences you describe on easyJet.

I’d prefer to save £200 I think.

ba747fan1
    Participant

I think I would have preferred relaxing in the lounge before (even though Number 1 at present until the new terminal move next year which I am sure will be excellent), and then relaxing on board with the excellent smart BA crew and perhaps enjoying a drink and snack on board. And on row 1 on BA, plenty of leg room and a nice reclining seat.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I personally prefer the North Terminal at LGW and most people tend to as well (South Terminal is currently “Charter” Terminal. For a flight of that duration happily save the £200 then Easyjet are fine. OK crew on this sector may not have been top notch – that can go for any airline on a given sector.

BA744fan
    Participant

I don’t get this BA v LCCs argument that pops up from time to time. They are virtually the same with one or 2 very minor differences.

One cannot expect seat recline on LCCs so don’t complain when the seat remains in one position. Seat pitch is virtually the same on both airlines. Food on SH BA these days is little more than a drink and sweet/savoury snack. Easy jet charge for the privelage of food and beverage. So what. You have a choice. Both airlines charge for seat selection and luggage in the hold.

I do not travel on business and have taken 50+ leisure flights on Easyjet and a few less on BA. I cannot say one is better than the other as I have never had a complaint with either.

Ryanair is another matter. Can’t stand them. Cheap, nasty airline best avoided!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Swissdiver – no avios to burn..?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

And as we see with the new Lufthansa A320neo, seating comfort in Y class has become little if any better than that found on a low-cost carrier.

BEYbrit
    Participant

I would happily welcome those orange planes to my little corner of the med – as would many many others. The Lebanese have money, travel a lot and there is a huge diaspora around Europe who would travel ‘home’ more often if fares were better.

We have LCCs from the Gulf coming here, but who will be the first brave low-coster from Europe to come to BEY?

SimonS1
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure what the focal point of the post is.

If it’s the North terminal then BA also use it so what you get from Easyjet at Gatters is no different.

If it’s the average age of the fleet then it’s almost exactly half the age of BA fleet.

Beyond that I think I’d rather have a non reclining seat and save £200. But each to their own.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Gulf “LCCs” aren’t truly low-cost like the LCCs in Europe. Flydubai has a different business model to those of EZY or Ryanair.

EZY used to serve Amman but pulled out. There was a rumour EZY would fly to Cairo…but nothing happened.

My comments on Flydubai are based around the fact that it has a business class which would put Europe’s tradtional legacy carriers to shame…let alone our LCCs.

https://www.flydubai.com/en/flying-with-us/business-class/

But I now see that Flydubai is displaying a travel advisory for Beirut …

https://www.flydubai.com/en/contact/operational-updates

FDOS_UK
    Participant

AMcWhirter – 26/02/2016 13:53 GMT

I can assure you, from personal experience, that Fly Nas of KSA is very much like a European LCC 🙂

BEYbrit
    Participant

And don’t forget Air Arabia from Sharjah. Also very much a LCC. Yet the good thing about both Air Arabia and Fly Dubai is that they offer through connections – unlike European LCCs.

As for EZY, they fly to LCA which is fine – just a 25 minute, $250 r/t trip from Beirut. Thus the trip to LCA is more expensive than the onward trip to Europe!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls