hub by Premier Inn, Goodge St

Back to Forum

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TominScotland 28 Jul 2019
at 07:51

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

We stayed in the hub by Premier in in Goodge St for two nights in order to go to Lords for the Ireland test match (now, that was another story). We had not stayed in a hub property before but it came highly recommended by family and friends. We were not disappointed – efficient and helpful staff (and plenty of them) to assist at check-in and at all other times, clean, modern and brilliantly designed use of a small space. And all for £54 a night in Central London in July!!

We booked a standard room, not realising that there is a bigger option, if available. Even though we had quite a bit of luggage (I am travelling on to Cape Town), the design of the room or cabin is such that it was easy to stow everything. The bed was comfortable, the lighting and air conditioning great (and the latter needed with temperatures in London at 30+!). The shower was powerful and the bathroom space well planned. For me, this takes budget accommodation to a new level. The lack of desk space might turn me off a hub for business purposes but everything else was great.

We had not booked breakfast but our friends had so we joined them at £5 a head for a generous and fresh continental. Tea and coffee is on tap in the lounge area 24/7 at no extra cost, luggage can be stored, also at no cost with an invitation to contribute a donation to the Great Ormond St Hospital.

Would I use a hub again? Absolutely!! Leaves many of the budget alternatives standing and certainly all of the ‘private hotels’ in places like Bayswater that we have had the misfortune to use over the years!!

5 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Thanks Tom. I have always been satisfied with Premier Inns, have used them in many places and although some of my snootier family and ex-colleagues have looked down their noses at me for using them, I’ve found them consistently very good in every way, and they’ve suited me perfectly, regardless of whether I was paying or someone else. Like you, I’ve found some of the ‘private hotels’ in places like Kensington and Bayswater very overpriced and usually unsatisfactory.

Hope you have a great trip to CPT.

TominScotland
    Participant

In my view the hub is a step change from regular Premier Inns, especially in their design and use of technology. They are constructed from pods, many without direct external views but with clever lighting that really works as an alternative. Their pricing is also an attraction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September 2019 edition
Business Traveller September 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls