Hoxton “sale”

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

MichaelFisher
    Participant

The Hoxton Lodge (www.hoxtonhotels.com) is running its regular £1 room sale today. Well, i waited patiently for the countdown timer to reach zero (at midday), and then clicked on the button for the £1 room.

Surprise surprise the server was completly overloaded and i didn’t get anywhere near the booking engine (despite having three browsers open). Why do companies offer these deals if their servers cannot cope with the demand – have they not heard of the Glastonbury fiasco?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have used this offer four times, and each time have been successful in getting a room, as have colleagues. So the competition does work.

However, it is so now widely known about, and well publicised on the internet travel boards, that literally thousands of people will attempt to get rooms.

If you are trying for weekend rooms, competition will be more intense, so best to go for midweek stays, towards the end of the promotion period. Also best to have previously logged in to the system so they have your details ready.

Finally, use the non-flash site as this is more stable and gives you a better chance of getting access to the website during busy times.

It is, after all, a publicity promotion. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth; while the OP may not have been lucky this time hundreds were, and it seems sour grapes to begrudge the Hoxton’s generous offer, and suggest they shouldn’t offer others this opportunity in future.

It is a great hotel, and highly recommended for low cost overnights near the City, without the low-cost feel. The free Pret brekky is delicious!

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com

I just tried again and no luck! It’s very frustrating but a brilliant marketing idea. I will keep trying though as I’ve heard it is a very hip hotel.

Venetia
    Participant

Yes, I tried (and failed) to get in, too. I assume that gazillions of people around the world were trying to get in at the same time (this is the interweb we are talking about, Dr Evil…) But I’ll take VintageKrug’s wise advice in future. The hotel looks great; I may even buy a room in the normal way! And, no: don’t look the Hoxton Whores in the mouth (a little wordplay with a musical theme for a hot Wednesday) xxx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hoxton’s £1 “sale” is back!

Tuesday 26th June this time, but different from previous promotions, as this time you’ll need to answer some general knowledge questions:

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/assets/document/F6F1254E-F271-C9BC-137AA3ED1FE62239/download_the_booking.pdf

More details on the sale are available here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/the-hoxton-launches-olympics-A-pound-1-sale

The hotel says that the chances of getting a £1 room range from around 40/1 to 100/1, depending on how quickly the questions are answered.

excessbaggage
    Participant

I’m on the hotel’s mailing list, and i’ve just been sent an email with special “Fanclub” rates in August, with the following message:

“To access your special rates: Click on Book Now, hit the Corporate button and enter your special code – FANCLUB”

Rates range from £49 to £99.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls