How to track programs?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

egorevna
    Participant

Could someone tell me the best sites for Frequent flyer point tracking?
    Something as points.com but with more choice? On point’s the is now Strar Alliance members, no Skyteam, ect

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find the best way to track airmiles is to keep an excell spread sheet. I belong to 4 programmes have in excess of a lot of airmiles and wish they were pound notes instead of points because then i could retire.

Once a month, I go into each web site, see what’s on offer and complete my spreadsheet. Sad as it may seem, but my airmiles are considered as an asset of my business, although obviously not forming part of the balance sheets!!!

On an interesting note, on the basis (very general) that 100,000 airmiles = a business class long-haul, lets say its worth approx £2000 per return ticket, look at how much potential value airmiles have. I once asked Virgin whether I could nominate the vast amount of airmiles to my wife or children in my last will and testament. Apparently if you do that, there is a chance they will be converted to cash at the value of .00001p per airmile. I was referred to the small print.

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn – Why do you say that the airmiles are an asset of your business when they don’t appear on the balance sheet as an asset? If you have airmiles or any other miles for that matter which are earned as part of business travel then that is more likely to be considered as a benefit in kind.

The BA Onbusiness is different in that it is registered to the business but again unlikely to appear on a balance sheet. The would not appear as they don’t have any monetry value per se.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“asset of my business” it is my business, so in these rather challenging economic times, i use airmiles to defray costs. Just a term of speach.
    However, my wife who travels on business frequently is required by her travel department to disclose airmiles when awarded through work related travel. I have no issue with that whats so over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls