How to retain Hilton HHonors Gold Status without meeting the eligibility?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• goalie11
    Participant

Hi

Simon is correct they won’t entertain splitting two nights into seperate bookings. I’ve done this in the past or even added another night to a booking when I checked out when meetings over ran somewhat.

Their systems pick up on the date and count it as one.

What I have done just to get towards the required qualifying nights is stay at two or three different hotels in the one city during the week. A bit of a muck around but does work.

DavidDekelDavidD
    Participant

It might be wiser to check the new HHonors T&C as I just realised the gold status can no longer access the executive lounge… This is amazing, but this is how it looks like when I read the new descriptions.

Gold-2K
    Participant

if you can get 3,000 BA tier points to reach Gold Guest List benefit, you will receive complimentary Hilton Diamond Membership.

Binman62
    Participant

Re gold access to the executive clubs…

This taken for honours web site this morning!!!

• If you are an HHonors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I ca confirm 2 consecutive bookings count as one stay. I booked a single room for 1 night, then as a separate booking, a double double for 4 nights when Mrs. LP and juniors joined me.

To my surprise the hotel had picked this up and put me straight away in the double double as it was anyway empty that night and I paid the same cheaper rate for the room on that night. On my statement though it showed as one stay.

Having said that, I thought total spend was also a determining factor. I won’t have enough room nights/stays but after my trip to London and NY I will have spent enough to ensure I retain gold.

The lack of lounge access is a bit of a blow but that’s only relevant in two of the Hiltons I use, the Rotterdam Hilton and the NY Hilton. The Rotterdam lounge is actually very nice but the NY one is a disaster. The queue forms before the buffet opens, tables are already taken and within 5 minutes the buffet is a complete mess. I walked in, then walked out preferring to pay for something decent.

As long as early / late check-in/out and free wifi is still available I’ll be happy.

Stowage222
    Participant

HHGold status will, however, give you free continental breakfast in the main restaurant.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I am always shocked that Hilton add an extra charge in the USA for me to have a hot breakfast as opposed to the continental offering.

WHy bother charge me US$4 bucks ?? Such Bad WIll.

Happened me twice recently in NYC area inclusing the new NYC CONRAD [which I though was disappointing overall]

thebigseats
    Participant

Hi All,

I dropped from Diamond this last April & hit Silver with a bump. (NO soft landing!) After an e-mail to HHonors explaining my upcoming stays (already booked at Hilton & Conrad) & explaining my previous loyalty – I was bumped back to Gold. Result. I will sadly fall short of Gold this year (simply reduced travel schedule) I will use Amex Plat to get Gold again. I do prefer Hilton over SPG.

Cheers for now,
    thebigseats

ThomasK
    Participant

if you are US citizen you can get the Citi HH visa reserve card. If you are German get the HH visa card. Both of the cards come with Gold status as long as you have the cards. For me very worth the annual fee as the HH G benefits are great especially in Asia. I have one card, my wife has the other card. We both have separate HH accounts, that way our whole family gets the benefit when getting 2 rooms.

npchuaMY
    Participant

If you are a HH gold/diamond member and book 2 rooms for a family of 3 or 4, both rooms still enjoy the same gold/diamond benefits, but earn HH points & miles for one room only.

Cwyfan
    Participant

If you are staying two consequetive nights with your wife, then book the second night in her name. At least you will get the double dip airline miles, and can always convert the spare hhonors points to airline miles later!

jayjay007
    Participant

i’m sure you’ll get the same priviledges if you present your out of date gold card at the check in desk and explain the situation
    -always managed the upgrade,the 4 pm late check out etc

sheraton starwood did it to me a few years ago when,due to an accident,istopped trravelling for some time

of course if it’s bonus points you’re after,then it’s all automatic…

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls