How to get Turkish Airlines to respond to a complaint?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

• Rafaelf
    Participant

I flew TK business class from Istanbul to Bahrain on July 22. They lost my baggage and two days later I had to go to the airport to pick up my suitcase. When I got if from them it was damaged (two big cracks). I filled the damaged baggage form and the state of the suitcase was checked by the staff of the airport. I have been trying to get in touch with the mysterious customer department of TK but without success. Can anyone tell what I can do?
    Thank you.

superchris
    Participant

Ive given up trying. Had a whole block of miles removed from my account without explanation. 3 emails later and I’m still non the wiser as to why and they are now ignoring emails.

Im voting with my feet – its clearly the only language they understand.

Charles-P
    Participant

Being ignored by the Turkish Airlines customer service department is a situation known to many of us.

Reading other reviews on the web it seems complaints about Turkish Airlines seem to fall into three main common categories:

i) Luggage lost, damaged or stolen from (seems to happen a lot at Istanbul)
    ii) Flights cancelled without notice or explanation (probably as a result of low ticket sales)
    iii) The truly appalling way complaints of any kind are dealt with by the company (emails ignored, phone calls not returned, rude staff.)

Like others here I now vote with my wallet and use Lufthansa for my regular trips to Turkey, I am sure they have not noticed but it gives me a feeling of satisfaction. I deal with a number of business people within Turkey and perhaps not surprisingly many of them do not use the airline even though it is the national carrier.

canucklad
    Participant

Like others here,I’ve just given up. Even the tried and tested escalation letter to their management team resulted in zilch.
    I have jokingly considered writing to a certain Mr.Messi and Bryant for advice since they are the high profile faces of a very faceless organization.
    How on earth they get voted best airline beggars believe.

One piece of advice I’d give you Rafael,is to definitely copy in any correspondence with star alliances management team. I regretted not cc’-ing in at the very least Air Canada

Charles-P
    Participant

When my legal action with Turkish Airlines is concluded I will write a follow up post for the forum detailing what I did and the result of it. At present the claim has passed the first legal hurdle with the reviewing judge saying the case has merit however I have been warned that cases of this kind can take a VERY long time to come to court in Turkey.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Best airline: It was by Skytrax which may explain why as they keep their methodology secret which is very poor practice for surveys that are placed in the public arena

rogerrabbit1937
    Participant

TURKISH AIRLINES

EVERYTHING IS BAD ABOUT THEM APART FROM THERE AEROPLANE FOOD.

NEVER NEVER FLY WITH TK PLEASE.
    YOUR LIFE WILL BE LIKE THOSE WHO FELT LIKE IN 1945 NAGASAKI

KarlMarx
    Participant

This line from the previous post

YOUR LIFE WILL BE LIKE THOSE WHO FELT LIKE IN 1945 NAGASAKI

Must be in a with a shout for the most hyped analogy of the year.

Henry
    Participant

Won’t work at all

MrMichael
    Participant

+1 Karlmarx, does strike me as over egging it a touch.

arni1971
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been tryng to contact Turkish Airlines for 4 months now in relation to miles due from Avis. I have rented a car in the UK at the beginning of July 2015 and despite the fact that Avis confirmed transferring those miles, Turkish Airlines keep on ignoring me despite the fact that I am writing to them every week!
    I hope to accumulate enough miles for a bonus ticket and won’t be flying with them anymore!

Henry
    Participant

They won’t do that, why don’t you fly FINNAIR

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Perhaps because Finnair don’t fly the route in question???

canucklad
    Participant

Hi arni1971,

Sadly my advice to you is give up., move on and forget your TK experience.
    My Aeroplan points never ever arrived from TK, and I never ever got a response, even though I sent a letter to their CEO.

An airline it seems that is totally not interested in solving problems, even relatively minor problems.
    Maybe it’s a cultural thing. But, as a result, they definitely doesn’t deserve the accolades that have been thrust upon them.

Charles-P
    Participant

Another example of the appalling customer service that Turkish Airlines offers. I ended up taking them to court in Turkey, something that was certainly not sensible from an economic viewpoint but gave me an enormous amount of satisfaction.

Turkish can be acceptable when all goes according to plan but if there are problems (in particular at Istanbul) then they are close to useless. Their customer services department is an utter waste of rations and they are the reason I have flown 11 times to Turkey this year and not once with Turkish Airlines.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls