How shall you be voting?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ canucklad – 26/06/2016 06:16 BST

Agreed. As I have posted elsewhere (on the FT.com pages), the Remain campaign was setting boys (Will Straw and Ryan Coetzee) against men (Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings). The tenor of the campaign was largely determined by the Tories who decided that no blue-on-blue engagements would be allowed, until the eleventh hour (Amber Rudd’s full on attack on BoTox). Personally, I thought that some of Call Me Dave’s comments (Third World War… err, you what?) and Gideon’s “emergency Brexit budget” were utterly preposterous.

As for lies and damned lies, there is then the Vote Leave campaign. Dr Goebbels (a keen user of referenda during the 1930s in Germany) would have been proud of the tactics employed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdGow2rQRJU

What is also astonishing is the extent of “buyer’s remorse” now manifesting itself:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zjmdp

It beggars belief.

Having been vehemently opposed to the Scotch Natz proposition in 2014, I could not, in all conscience, so much as raise an eyebrow in opposing any second independence referendum “yes” vote. Nobody can claim that they were not told what the potential fallout would be of a Leave vote. The party that used to claim it was the “Conservative and Unionist” party will have succeeded, by putting its own narrowly partisan self-interest before that of the country, in destroying not just one union but possibly several and causing the disintegration of the United Kingdom.

The Tories should be eviscerated for their treachery.

SimonS1
    Participant

@Canucklad – I agree. Then again all politicians talk crap and make false promises especially when a vote is on.

I wonder where Gideon is, perhaps he is working on his emergency budget (lie) under which taxes will need to go up by £15bn (lie) and spending cut by the same (lie). Actually a massive boost for Leave when you see how publicly it alienated fellow Tories.

Or maybe now his buddy Call Me Dave has fallen on his sword he is counting down to his own non executive directorships.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls