How shall you be voting?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

If we remain, and the YouGov poll is suggesting it is 52% remain, I don’t think the UK will get a kicking. I think by it being so close it is a kicking to the Brussellocrats that this striving for a federal Europe is not what we want, and not what most of Europe wants. I think it will be a contrite EU in the morning, an EU machine that has just received a final written warning.

canucklad
    Participant

And in the unlikely event that I wake up tomorrow morning and discover the Leave vote has prevailed, I’m quite sure that Brussels will invoke an obscure legal ruling to make us do it all over again.
    After all,don’t they have a track record of forcing another vote if they don’t agree with the common people’s decision first time around…. Lol

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I would vote leave but I’ve been out of the UK too long.

Fully agree Canucklad, in fact there was an article in today’s FT on just that.

icenspice
    Participant

I am gobsmacked, exhausted and absolutely delighted. And today is my birthday!!

PhilipHart
    Participant

@icenspice, I wish you a VERY happy birthday!

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed I’m also gobsmacked.

MrMichael
    Participant

Icenspice, Happy Birthday.

Who would have guessed your birthday would also end up being Independence Day!

RonBrown
    Participant

I fled to Sydney and now caught up in their election, what a mistake!

canucklad
    Participant

Firstly a very happy birthday icenspice, 21 again !!

Stunned and surprised as I awake, listening to the radio.
    One commentary has already mentioned that actually this was an advisory referendum and legally not binding. ….. Watch this space !!

Fingers crossed that they allow democracy to flourish.

SimonS1
    Participant

Could be an interesting few days for Call Me Dave and Gideon, both will see their political careers come to an early end.

The difficulty is an early General Election probably wouldn’t be good news, especially as Corbyn proved during the campaign what an anonymous figure he is.

PhilipHart
    Participant

A “Save Dave” letter, signed by numerous Leave & Remain MPs, is already in circulation; so Quisling Dave will remain in post – for a while.

But unfortunately that means that Gidiot will have to be thrown under the bus. Sad 🙁

SimonS1
    Participant

The bottom line is Cameron should have taken a tougher line in his re-negotiations with EU.

He totally failed and then presented it as a victory. Trouble is most people can tell bullshit when they see it.

MrMichael
    Participant

SimonS1 +1.

I have a feeling though my business in Spain will come to an end, the question is when! It was made clear to me that should I choose the UK to leave the EU (like it was my choice alone), then the contract should end.

PhilipHart
    Participant

@SimonS1 +1

@MrMichael, unless your business is based on some EU Gravy Train, and if you are offering a great service, I doubt whether your clients would be foolish enough to terminate your contract. That was probably all “Project Fear” shizzle, and we are through that now!

canucklad
    Participant

call me Dave has left the building……

Prams and toys immediately spring to mind , bloody clown !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls