How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 658 total)

• fclassflyer
    Participant

Does anyone know the rate of installation of New First and how long the entire programme is scheduled to take.

Potakas
    Participant

If I remember correct they said that will last until February 2012.Although I believe it will last longer as they now have to change and the WT, WT+ cabins.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Barring exceptional issues, you should be 100% certain of getting NF in Spring 2012.

In practice, it’s likely if you’re on a 747 that you can be certain of NF towards the end of 2011.

RichHI1
    Participant

I would like to compliment the contributors to this forum. I am an AA EXP connecting onto BA from LHR to LAX at Christmas. I was interested to see if I woudl get the new seats and not knowing the BA systems well I got no info. I found this forum to be both informative and up to date. So much of the intrnet is strewn with ill informed opinion and spleen and to come across a genuinely informative site is very refreshing. Thank you all, I shall keep checking. (all that I dread is CBP at TBIT which still sucks after all these years).

VintageKrug
    Participant

What is a CBP? Does it make you blind if you get one too often?

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry for Abbreviations. CBP Customs and Border Patrol (US Immigration and Customs Service) TBIT Tom Bradley International Terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (AA have their own CBP which is fastest and friendliest in US in my experience)

MatthewDearden
    Participant

VintageKrug, do you know if this includes LGW-based 777s? Am off to BGI in March and the likelihood of the new F cabin would swing me to upgrade.

Potakas
    Participant

I believe that by March 2012 you will definitely get a NF aircraft, experience shows that the LGW’s aircraft are the last when it comes to refits but it is going to be a long time by then.

An update on this thread is that currently only one 777 (G-YMMI) with AVOD hasn’t NF, then the rest 777s ,those without AVOD will got o Cardiff for the NF,NWT+ and NWT.

VintageKrug
    Participant

For the most part I only have publicly available info, so places like the BA Source are good indicators of when Gatwick will get New F, though I think it’s only Bermuda, St. Lucia and Barbados which offers an F cabin currently.

Any of the three 777s LGW with F could receive a substitution from an LHR aircraft at any time (as was the case on a journalists’ jolly to Barbados last year) but this is unlikely. Being primarily leisure routes, they are not as high priority for the new cabin as LHR services.

I would suggest, and this is a personal estimate, that you should be 90% confident of getting new F on a Gatwick aircraft by the end of 2011 and 100% certain by Easter 2012.

DClinPsy
    Participant

Dear VK,
    how about the new WT and WT+?

Gold-2K
    Participant

The best way to ensure new first on your flight is to book a club seat. I have flown first on all my long haul sectors for the last 13 months and always old cabin. Yesterday I flew club world to SFO and of course it was the new first …….. Doh!!!!!! Back on Friday in first so you never know!!!! 🙂

But the fit out seems to be gathering pace!!!!

FCTraveller
    Participant

Gold-2K, I think they call it Sod’s Law!

UKFly79
    Participant

Having done 4 F sectors on a 744 in the last 5 weeks, just one sector was NF. 744 refit is about 50% complete.

I do still enjoy the old F cabin despite it’s pitfalls, it is still better than ncw……. Plus the buddy seat is more spacious (in the width) than in NF because of the new TV position.

I do wish they would fit/switch at least one of the LGW 772 birds to showcase the product there sooner. It has only done a few rotations which is not enough considering the refit is half way. Tickets ex LGW are equally pricey and the ground experience is not a patch on LHR. I understand it’s a leisure route airport however the leisure traveller is simply the business traveller on holiday! Go on BA stick one over at LGW asap!

DerekVH
    Participant

UKFly79
    Can I suggest it is not only the ground experience at LGW which is lacking. On a recent flight back from BGI in First we were in the air for an hour before a drink was offered; this would never happen on a LHR flight!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls