How long to get from EZE and AEP?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Like it says – I have to fly into Buenos Aires EZE (British airweays) and then on to Mendoza (Aerolineas Argentinas).

A lot of these internal flights go from the new AeroParc airport, and sure enough, while my outward flight departs from EZE, the return flight from Mendoza goes into AEP.

Anyone know how long it takes to clear AEP (internal flight so no customs or immigration) and travel to EZE?

LeTigre
    Participant

Never been to Buenos Aires but here is a useful link:

http://www.ihatetaxis.com/airport/AEP-Aeroparque-Jorge-Newbery-Airport/shuttle

Looks like you only need 20 mins on the bus. But, I don’t know about immigration, let’s hope you’re not English!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Brilliant, thanks, and yes, I am British. English, too.

LeTigre
    Participant

Expect a beating and deportation!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

TiredOLdHack: There are frequent shuttle bus linking the two airports but if you are more than one person then take the OFFICIAL taxi (purchase ticket from booth) for about 25 pounds. No tipping is required.

As a British passport holder, you will not need to pay a hefty reciprocal visa fee unlike the Australians/Canadians/US citizens.

Enjoy Argentina like I do!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Argentinians actually quite like the British!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Oh, I like Argentina, especially Mendoza! It’s just that I’ve never had to shuttle (hah!) between the two airports before.

Another question – isn’t there some restriction now on taking US dollars into the country??

Thanks for the help.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

You will have to declare any amount in excess of US$10,000 but you can still be able to bring the currency into the country.

The airport Customs is very lax!!!!! They never took my Customs Declaration form every time I enter into the country.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Hm. Friends in Chile told me that all transactions in the country now have to be in pesos – that they are forbidden to charge in, or accept, dollars, which they gladly did last time I was there. I will check with some contacts in the country, I think.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Why are you carrying a lot of US dollar cash into Chile in order to pay for your expenses. One or two thousand US dollars should be enough for paying incidental where credit cards are not accepted.

I was in Santiago and Patagonia in late January and all my credit charges were in Peso.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

No, I mean a friend in Chile told me that all transactions in Argentina hasd to be in pesos now. I go to Chile a lot – I was there in January – and it’s rather different.

In Chile, the major hotels will invoice foreigners in US dollars, and the conversion rate will be shown on your bill. This is because foreigners are exempt from VAT (about 20%).

If you want to pay your hotel bill in cash, in pesos, you can, but you are charged VAT. I spent a week in the Crowne Plaza in Santiago with my wife and one of my daughters, and the saving, if you paid in US dollars, was considerable.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

You are right in saying it makes sense in paying for your hotel bill in US dollars which I did.

But I was more thinkingmore of the general expenditure such as paying for drinks/restuarants and shopping.

RichHI1
    Participant

Argentina is great (food was not much good for me as non meat eater though – all meat or italian). Argentinians are very friendly unless you turn up in a uniform.
    One word of caution, rush hour traffic can slow things down so allow extra time if in peak hours. (I always get a driver so don’t know price.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Oh, right. Yeah, pesos are fine. Quite a strong currency right now, as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls