How long for a BA Refund ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• binabdulaziz
    Participant

Mr Krug

Mr Tarrant teach me word ‘pillock.’

Seems you are one – ha ha.

Why not support Mr Stromboli, who owed money?

openfly
    Participant

Oh Mr binabdulziz….what have you done!!??
    You cannot call our Lord and Master, Vintage Krug, a PILLOCK!

binabdulaziz
    Participant

It only mild word, said for fun!

Mr Krug posts many useful informations and sure he will laugh at my joke, not meant disrespectful.

VintageKrug
    Participant

*VintageKrug is whisked to a (private) hospital to have his sides sown up, so witty is the banter from Mr binabdulaziz*

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Mr Binabdulaziz, VK makes a very valid point. An anniversary is annual. Yesterday was my birthday, or anniversaire as the French say. As a result of it being annual I celebrated my 57th anniversary, rather than my 231st on a 3 month basis.

And, ContinentalClub, my apologies for not replying earlier. My booking was a BA miles online booking so I await the refund of miles and taxes etc.

Prof.Gupta
    Participant

I hope everyone reading this thread would have appreciated the context in which “three month anniversay’ was used. While Mr. Krug has a point (and nothing wrong in doing so) the thread takes a different direction and seriousness (of the main issue being discussed) gets lost. But I could be wrong. In a way such small interjections also add some fun to discussion. So as long as no one takes it seriously it is good. To add further, I think for monthly recurrences the appropriate word is ‘mensiversary.’ So the correct phrase should be third mensiversary!

Stromboli
    Participant

Let’s hope third mensiversary does not become fourth !
    However I have no axe to grind (believe it or not) and continue to fly BA and hope they will eventually deliver for us and learn from this episode because for sure the volcanic eruptions will return from Iceland and elsewhere. Next time they could be significantly larger and more widespread so we need to get compensation issues soretd now. I am pleased that Easyjet has invested in volcanic ash sensors on some aircraft. In the meantime let’s hope the coalition government invests more in our rail network. When planes are grounded we need to use trains!

maxgeorge
    Participant

I recently wrote to BA to whinge about utterly mediocre service in First on an LHR-LAX flight, to which I had upgraded for 25K miles, at BA’s suggestion, when I checked in.

They sent a prompt and very gracious reply, restoring my somewhat tested faith in BA, and refunded my miles.

I think VK should be told.

Stromboli
    Participant

Good news bloggers, BA delivered on those cancelled flights just before the third mensiversary (is that a quarter of an anniversary ?). We love T5 so we fly BA.

Travellator
    Participant

Received our refund for downgraded flights in May – was NOT the straight difference between Club Europe and Traveller however I have had so much disatisfaction at the way we have been treated decided it wasnt worth my while challenging their calculations.

I got a letter today saying they had given me too much money back and had debited my Credit card for the overcharge.

This was approximately 25% of the original refund.

Quote:

I would like to advise you that in error an over – refund has been processed for the above mentioned tickets etc etc Hence an over refund has been processed to the credit card.

Therefore we have debited your credit card for the over refund of £ XXX as the refund amount did not include the 15% shareholder discount.

Thank you for allowing us to explain our position and offer our apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

FIRST – there is NO explanation

SECOND – Shareholder discount is 10%

THIRD – they had no permission to debit my card.

FOURTH – there was no explanation how they resched the refund amount in the first place.

How do I go about sorting this out without spending months of my time trying to contact the uncontactable,

I have just watched Panorama and their slating of British Banks.

Think this needs to be addressed by somebody senior in the organisation.

I am happy to be contacted and will give my e mail address to a secure and authorised BA representative – WW will do.

Hugely angry and feeling ripped off !

NTarrant
    Participant

As it is a debit against your credit card that you have not authorised you could speak to the card company. You will have to be honest and say why they have debited the amount as it will come out from the other end.

Worth a try

Travellator
    Participant

Am always honest in my dealings of matters of this kind.

My biggest problem now is the convaluted exercise in trying to challenge their actions

Stromboli
    Participant

Any issues involving a credit card – ask the provider to deal with it. We once had Mastercard deal with Avis who threatened us with legal action over a rental car which we had paid for – they had lost the paperwork.

San2012
    Participant

I have been waiting since May 2010, and I still am, over two years of anger and frustration and still nothing. I can surely say that I will never fly British Airways again.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I imagine that refunds take time when tickets purchased through agents.

Any tickets I have had to cancel whether on line or at the BA counter, despite a warning that credits may take time, the “time” has never been more than 48 hours.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls