How have I benefitted from the BT forum?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Papillion53
    Participant

Morning all! Hope you are all well, what a lovely topic.

Where do I start, through my reading and participation in this forum “we” the long suffering DH and myself, have benefited hugely from the information, tips and recommendations proffered.

From using avios more efficiently, to great hotel suggestions, credit card sign ups with bonuses which resulted in some great offers and savings and I do enjoy the flight reviews – some of which are more educational than others! 😉 I would also like to add my thanks to the CC who join in – their insight is appreciated :-).

So thanks one and all! It’s a great place, whether you’re a frequent poster, join in occasionally or just lurk.

Oh and thanks to the BT team who put up with us all! 🙂

Canucklad, I’m with you on the BA bouts – guilty pleasure! LOL! and I love your tales too!

travelworld2
    Participant

Global Entry to the US following a posting about it on here . It’s wonderful. and saves time and stress whenever I go to the US And apologies if it’s now closed to any more UK applicants and I sound smug…

FlyerDoc
    Participant

Great topic!
    As a relative newbie to long haul, premium and frequent flying i have picked up numerous helpful pointers here!
    Thanks esp to VK / SM who’s tips on BA F i used to impress the wife on honeymoon!
    Long may it all continue.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

travelworld2 – +1

The Global Pass information on how to apply was 100% down to the BT Forum and I am extremely glad I paid my $100 + £80 to benefit from this superb FAST PASS entry.

I just hope the US authorities don’t do their usual trick after a few years and change it….

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Talking of benefits of forum and pre-clearance. Just seen this on the Miami Airport website which is interesting – not sure how much quicker this make things and how quickly it is being rolled out elsewhere. Also a link to Global Entry for those who are curious.

http://www.miami-airport.com/preclear.asp

Also a colleague posted on our internal message board was this which she noticed connecting passengers at Orlando doing last week

“One thing I noticed that was good was if you have been to US since 1999, have a valid ESTA and have an immigration stamp in our passport then make yourself known to a uniformed person and they direct you to some machines to answer some easy questions and then go straight through to baggage claim.

It is important to make yourself known as soon as you can but I am not sure if it is all airports ?”

stevescoots
    Participant

Lots of helpful stuff for me over the past several years. I think the biggest saver has been ex-europe flights, or to expand that ex non home country flights of any airline

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls